Jump to navigation Jump to search
The southern part of Gotland includes towns such as Hemse, Ljugarn and Burgsvik. It is the most quiet part of the island, and has some of the most famous rauks.
- Hemse with around 1,700 inhabitants is Gotland's largest settlements outside Visby, and the only major retail centre in southern Gotland.
- Burgsvik with around 300 inhabitants is a port village.
- 1 Hammarshage hällar and Holmshällars rauk fields (In the southern part of Gotland). Two nearby rauk fields.
- 2 Hoburgsgubben (On the southernmost tip of Gotland). The rauk is said to resemble a human face in profile from the right angle.
- 3 Stavgard. A 10th century village ruin where the master house was 60 metres long, and a modern replica of the village.
- 4 Närsholmen. A nature reserve on a peninsula with a lighthouse.
- 1 Hörte beach (Herta beach) (On the eastern shore of Gotland). A sand beach.