Jump to navigation Jump to search
Southern Haiti is the most laid-back region of the country, home to its Caribbean coast, remote beach towns, both of the country's only two national parks, and the popular tourist spot (by Haitian standards) of Jacmel.
- 1 Jacmel — the gem of the south, and a cultural capital for the country, which has been devastated by the earthquake.
- 2 Jérémie — a quiet town at the tip of the southern peninsula, almost entirely isolated from the rest of the country.
- 3 Miragoàne — a small port known best as a port of entry for black market goods.
- 4 Les Cayes — a southern port city near Ïle à Vache.
- 5 Port-Salut — Aristide's birthplace, a small town with beautiful beaches.