Jump to navigation Jump to search
The southern region of Laos
- 1 Champasak — its Khmer ruins have been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 2 Si Phan Don — the "Four Thousand Islands" in the Mekong River
- 3 Saravan — known for its wild and mountainous terrain, waterfalls and diversity of ethnic minority communities
- 1 Bolaven Plateau — an elevated area crossed by several rivers and has many scenic waterfalls
- 2 Ban Nakasang — a small riverside town that is one of the main stations for boat and bus services to Don Det and Don Kon, the two most popular of the "4,000 Islands"
The south is relatively less mountainous than the north and central regions of Laos.