Spitzingsee is a hamlet on the lake of the same name in the Schliersee mountains (Mangfallgebirge) in Upper Bavaria. The lake is a very popular recreation destination in summer and winter owing to its easy access from Munich.
The lake and the lakeside village have a picturesque location framed by alpine mountain scenery. The lake's water quality is considered excellent.
Spitzingsee can be reached in an hour from Munich by car.
You can go on foot around the lake or take a bike with you.
- 1 St. Bernard Parish Church. Germany's highest parish church, St. Bernard was inaugurated in 1938. The patron saint is Saint Bernard, responsible for climbers and skiers.
Popular destination for skiing in the winter.
- 1 Klausenhütte, Rosskopfweg 2 (At the lakeside.), ☏ . Very traditional Bavarian cafe attached to a guesthouse. Great place to go for Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cakes) and relax. Excellent hot chocolate. Known regionally for its tasty desserts (Kaiserschmarrn, Dampfnudel, Apple Strudel, etc.). Good views from the cafe. Soups: €4.20-4.50, Salads: €3.80-10.80, Sandwiches: €4.80-6.50, Mains: €6.50-12:90.
- 1 BLSV-HausBergSee, Stümpflingweg 12, ☏ .
- 2 Hotel Gundl Alm, Spitzingstraße 8, ☏ .
- 3 Arabella Alpenhotel, Seeweg 7, ☏ .
- 4 Alte Wurzhütte, Roßkopfweg 1, ☏ .