Spring Grove is a city in Houston County, Southern Minnesota. Located in the very South-East corner of Minnesota, it is a 25 min. drive from Decorah, Iowa a 30 min. drive from Lacrosse, Wisoncosin a 1 hour drive from Winona, Minnesota and a 1.5 hour drive from Rochester, Minnesota. Its located on a small plateau in the middle of bluff country it is a small farming community in a very scenic area. South-East Minnesota is completely different (geographically) than any other part of the state. It has a strong Norwegian background that is prevalent throughout the city.
With no means of public transport available, visitors are to arrive in Spring Grove by car.
- [formerly dead link] Spring Grove Aquatic Center. The city of Spring Grove has a brand new swimming pool which has something to offer for the whole family. The pool includes two multi-storied slides, a diving board, two smaller slides and a basketball hoop in the main pool alone. An offshoot to the main pool there is a smaller "kiddy pool" which includes several water jets and fountains, and a viking ship sled for the small children. The building site has a large resting area and an adequate sized concession stand with exceptional service.
- [dead link] Spring Grove Cinema. A new movie theatre which opened in May 2009. It is a one screen movie theatre which shows second screenings Friday through Monday. It has a top of the line digital projector with stadium style seating and fully equipped concession stand. It is one of the best 3-D projecting theatre's between Rochester MN and Des Moines IA. Reviews have given it the highest rating in south-eastern Minnesota. The theatre commonly offers free classic movie showings during the week.
Horse Back Trails [dead link]
- Music-in-the-Park. On Wednesdays during the summer from 6:30 until 8:00 PM the city sponsors outdoor concerts in the Viking Memorial Park. In case of rain events are moved to the Fest Building.
- [dead link] Syttende Mai. Being the first Norwegian settlement in the state of Minnesota, Spring Grove celebrates Norway's Independence annually. Syttende Mai translates to the 17th of May and Spring Grove holds its celebrates the nearest weekend to that day. The festival features traditional norwegian food, clothing, antiques, and souvenirs. More of an American twist on the holiday it features a parade, classic car show, concert, racing, etc.
- Spring Grove Public School. Spring Groves' life and blood is the public school, so naturally any school events become the center of attention. The school offers plays, choir and band concerts, and sporting events. Sporting events include high school and middle school football, boys and girls basketball, volleyball, baseball, and softball.
Spring Grove Soda Pop [formerly dead link]
- Ivy Grove Cafe, 101 W. Main, ☏ .
- Red's Deli, 500 E. Main, ☏ .
- Temptations on Main, 131 W. Main, ☏ .
- [formerly dead link] Doc's Blue Moose, 133 W. Main St, ☏ . Spring Grove, MN -docs
- Spring Grove Legion.
|Routes through Spring Grove|
|Jct N S ← Jct N ←||W E||→ Jct W E → END|