Jump to navigation Jump to search
Decorah is in Northeast Iowa.
Decorah is home to Luther College, an undergraduate school of approximately 2500 students. It is also notable for its Scandinavian heritage, present in institutions such as the Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum.
- Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum, 520 W. Water St., ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open daily May 1 to October 31: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. November 1 to April 30: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.. Adults - $10 Ages 7-18 - $5 Seniors 65+ - $8 First Thursday of each month - free admission.
- Porter House Museum, 401 West Broadway Street (Located in the Broadway Historic District, two blocks south of downtown Decorah.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Daily June 1-August 31 Monday - Saturday: 10 am - 4 pm Sunday: 1 pm - 4 pm Open Weekends May, Sept. - Oct. Friday - Sunday: 1 pm - 4 pm.
- Fancy Pants, 411 W Water St, ☏ . Fancy Pants sells a mix of apparel and novelty gift items. Many items, such as their t-shirts and prints, reflect tongue-in-cheek Iowa and Midwest pride (for instance, a shirt that reads "Don't Meth with Iowa").
- Ruby's Restaurant and Catering, 120 East Water Street, ☏ . Along with typical American breakfast and lunch items, Ruby's serves Norwegian specialties like lefse and rommegrot. They also sell homemade bread and preserves. $5-$15.
- Magpie Coffeehouse, 118 Winnebago St, ☏ . Magpie Coffeehouse offers a full range of coffee, espresso and tea drinks, along with breakfast and lunch menus. Lunch is not served on Sundays.
|Routes through Decorah|
|Rochester ← Jct E ← Jct E ←||N S||→ Dubuque → Dixon|