From Cape Town follow the N7 northwards for approximately 562 km, about 7 hours driving time. The border to Namibia is another 100 km along the N7 from here. The N14, which crosses the whole Northern Cape crosses the N7 just outside Springbok and offers connections to Upington and Gauteng.
Springbok airport is 5 km outside the town. Flights to Cape Town are available from here.
- VIP Taxis, ☏ . It can bring you to Port Nolloth, Upington and Kimberley. Taxis leave Upington at 8AM daily except Saturday and Sunday.
The town of Springbok is nestled in a valley totally surrounded by hills. It is not very big and its attractions can easily be reached by foot.
- City's museum
- Blue mine - the first commercial copper mine of South Africa, which started operations in 1852. There is now mining for diamonds and other gems.
Start your tour through Springbok in the city centre, which is around a hill called Klipkoppie. Here was an English fortress, burned down during the Anglo-Boer war by a troop of general Jan Smuts. After a short walk along Monument Street, you will reach the museum in an old synagogue. A bit further on is the entrance to the Blue Mine.
In Melkboskuil is an old store selling antique furniture.
- Springbok Lodge & Restaurant, corner of Voortrekker and Keerom Road. A meeting point for travellers and locals to have a bite to eat.
- Nando's, Cnr. Vander Stel & Hospital Str. (across from the Police Station), ☏ . Till 10PM. Flame grill meals. Power point available.
- Kokerboom Motel and Caravan Park, Van Riebeeck st, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 2-star motel specially sited to view flowers from your bedroom. A la carte restaurant, and ladies bar. Caravan sites with power points. Coin-operated laundry with washer and dryer.
- Masonic Hotel and Lodge, Van Riebeeck st, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Central 3-star hotel with all the luxuries. Full English breakfast, a la carte restaurant and ladies bar.
- Mountain View Guest House, Overberg Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 4-star B&B furnished in African style. Good view on the city and delicious food. From R280 pp..
- Springbok Hotel, Van Riebeeck st, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Beautiful 2-star colonial hotel situated in the centre of town with easy access. Ladies bar.
- [www.booking.com/hotel/za/naries-namakwa-retreat.en-gb.html Naries Namaqua Retreat] (27 km Outside Springbok (N7) towards Kleinzee (R355), 8240 Goop, South Africa).
- Goegap Nature Reserve is 10 km south-west of the town along the R355. It is often called Namaqualand in miniature. Inside the reserve is the Malan Wild Flower Garden, which offers hiking trails, mountain bike tours and roads for 4x4 vehicles.
- Springbok is frequently visited as a stopoff point between Cape Town and Namibia, or on the way to the Augrabies Falls National Park.