- For other places with the same name, see Stafford (disambiguation).
Stafford is the county town of Staffordshire. It is a small market town.
Stafford is close to both the M6 (junctions 13 and 14) and M6 Toll road and is very accessible by car. The A34, A449, and A518 pass through the town.
You can fly into either Birmingham or Manchester Airports and then connect via road or rail to Stafford.
There is lots of history in and around Stafford.
- 1 Stafford Castle, ☏ . The remains of a 19th-century mock castle atop the extensive earthworks of a Norman castle. Free.
- 2 Shire Hall Gallery, Market Square, ST16 2LD, ☏ . Formerly a courthouse, it now houses an art gallery. The court rooms and cells are preserved. Free.
- 3 Doxey Marshes. Nature reserve. Free.
- 1 The Picture House, Bridge St, ST16 2HL, ☏ . Su-Th: 8AM-midnight, F-Sa: 8AM-1AM.
- 2 The Butlers Bell, 25–27 Gaolgate St, ST16 2NT, ☏ . Su-Th: 8AM-11PM, F-Sa: 8AM-midnight.
- 1 The Swan Hotel, 46-46a Greengate St, ST16 2JA, ☏ .
- 2 Holiday Inn Express Stafford, Acton Court, Acton Gate, ST18 9AP (M6, Jct.13), ☏ .
|Routes through Stafford|
|Manchester ← Stoke-on-Trent ←||N S||→ Cannock → Birmingham|
|Stoke-on-Trent ←||N S||→ Cannock|
|END ←||N S||→ Wolverhampton → Worcester|
|Telford ← Newport ←||W E||→ Uttoxeter → Derby|