Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East of England > Essex (England) > Stansted MountfitchetJump to navigation Jump to search
Stansted Mountfitchet is a village in Essex.
Take Junction 8 (A120) of the M11. On the B1383 3 miles north of Bishop's Stortford.
- 1 Mountfitchet Castle. All-weather heritage entertainment complex in Stansted Mountfitchet. Formerly an Iron Age hillfort, the castle also has a Roman, Saxon and Viking past, with its Norman ringwork and bailey fortification, many houses complete with all the smells of a bygone era, a toy museum, the Living Norman village, and also a tea room & gift shop. As you stroll through the grounds you will encounter plenty of rescued animals roaming freely: deer, goats, geese, peacocks, chickens as well as Jacob Sheep.
- 2 Stansted Mountfitchet Windmill. built in 1787
- 1 [dead link] Kings Arms Hotel, Station Rd, ☏ .
- 2 Linden House Stansted, 1-3 Silver St, ☏ .
- 3 Chimneys Guest House, 44 Lower St, ☏ .
|Routes through Stansted Mountfitchet|
|Cambridge ← Saffron Walden ←||N S||→ Old Harlow → London|