Stony Point is one of the many towns that makes up Rockland County.
Established in 1865, Stony Point offers beautiful sightseeing and scenic drives, right off the coast of the Hudson River. Stony Point has an old historical background and is a great place to visit if you enjoy hiking, water activities, off-roading, mountain climbing, or beautiful scenery.
The nearest major airports are Newark Liberty International Airport, 38 miles from Stony Point, LaGuardia Airport, which is 32 miles south of Stony Point but requires two bridge crossings and a trip through New York City and John F. Kennedy International Airport, which also requires two bridge crossings and a longer trip through New York City and is 42 miles from Stony Point.
Metro North or New Jersey Transit
- Spring Valley, 1 North Main Street. One of three Rockland County accessible train stations. Taxis available to and from station.
- Nanuet, 1 Prospect Street. This train station is more accessible to people living closer to the Tappan Zee Bridge. Call in advance for taxi service.
- Pearl River, 35 South Main Street. No available wheelchair access. Call in advance for taxi service.
Stony Point is accessible from Palisades Parkway, Exits 14 or 15. If you are coming from the New York State Thruway, take Exit 13 South for the Palisades Parkway.
- TAPPAN ZEExpress [dead link]. Local bus system that travels throughout Rockland County as well as across the Hudson River to Tarrytown and White Plains. For bus schedule and prices visit website.
- 1 Stony Point Battlefield, Battlefield Rd, ☏ . Museum, guided tours, musket demonstrations and other special events.
- 2 Stony Point Lighthouse, Battlefield Rd, ☏ . Oldest lighthouse on the Hudson river located at end of Stony Point Battlefield and open to visitors whenever Battlefield site is in operation. Tour of the lighthouse are available on weekends.
- 3 Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, ☏ . The park offers a large field, picnic tables, lake and river fishing access, swimming pool, zoo, hiking, and biking. An outdoor ice rink is open from late October till early March. Open year round.
- 4 Harriman State Park, Bear Mountain, ☏ . Offers over 31 lakes, 3 beaches, hiking trails, camping areas, scenic roads, a recreation area, and boat launch sites.
- Patriot Hills Golf Course, 19 Clubhouse Ln, ☏ . 18 hole course, Tee Times and Prices are available on website. Great place to host events and parties with big, open, and elaborate seating with a gorgeous view. Catering also available.
- Hogan’s Family Diner, 56 South Liberty Dr, ☏ . Local family business serving delicious food, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Bagel World, 32 South Liberty Drive Ste E., ☏ . Open early in the morning with fresh baked New York bagels. Grill, deli, and desserts are also available here. Located in Stony Point Plaza with great parking off Route 9W.
- China Wok, 32 South Liberty Drive Ste 4., ☏ . Located in Stony Point plaza with great take out service. Lots of affordable delicious Chinese food and packages. Lunch and dinner specials are also available.
- Ciceros Pizza, 32 South Liberty Drive Ste E, ☏ . Popular Stony Point pizzeria with welcome walk ins and comfortable seating. Great service and options including salads, sandwiches or sides.
- Doughboys Pizzeria, 32 South Liberty Drive Ste E., ☏ . Delivery and walk in pizzeria with good Italian New York pizza.
- Fiesta Cancun, 90 South Liberty Dr, ☏ . Very popular Mexican food with great view of the Hudson River. Quick service and delicious dishes with big portions. Chips and salsa as well as a special dessert included with combination meals. Mexican music entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. Located off 9W with great parking.
- Pizzarena, 67 South Liberty Dr, ☏ . Local Italian dishes including pizza, chicken parmesan, and sandwich. Located across from Hogan's Family Diner off Route 9W. Delivers fast with affordable prices.
- Pasta Cucina, 32 South Liberty Drive Ste 9, ☏ . Quality Italian cuisine restaurant with professional service and great food. Good parking available in the Stony Point Plaza located off Route 9W.
- Paradise Pizza, 160 North Liberty Drive Ste 8, ☏ . Located on border of Stony Point and Tomkins Cove, North 9W. Walk in or Delivery option serving delicious Italian pizza.
- Sportsview 2 Bar & Grille, 3 Wayne Ave, ☏ . Small bar with local crowd located in north Stony Point near the border of Tomkin's Cove and 9W. Good service fun atmosphere and a great place to hang out with some North Rocklanders.
- Parrot Bay bar & Grille, 10 Grassy Point Rd, ☏ . Located off the beautiful coast off the Hudson River. Great view and parking with a live bands on Friday and Saturday nights. Located near the Haverstraw Bay Marina and the Seawall, majority older crowd. Average drink price $3-7.
- Halligan's Public House, 32 South Liberty Dr, ☏ . Located in Stony Point plaza off Route 9W with great parking. Newly opened and popular hot spot for late night fun. Laid back and casual atmosphere with great service.
- Noel's Irish Pub and Restaurant, 79 South Liberty Dr, ☏ . Traditional Irish Pub located across from Hogan's Family Diner and in same plaza as Pizzarena off Route 9W. Good drink specials and great atmosphere for townies or friends to kick back and relax. Karaoke on certain nights.
- [dead link] Budget Motor Inn (used to be called Stony Point Motel), 87 South Liberty Dr (Off Route 9W and across the street from Fiesta Cancun), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Offers a variety of different sized rooms. Available internet access, hair dryers, ample parking.
- 1 Bear Mountain Inn, 99 Service Rd, Tomkins Cove, ☏ .
|Routes through Stony Point|
|Central Valley-Harriman ← Highlands ←||W E||→ Peekskill → Danbury|
|Albany ← Highlands ←||N S||→ Nyack → Fort Lee|
|Parsippany ← Suffern ←||W E||→ Peekskill → Danbury|