- Westchester County Airport (HPN IATA). The closest airport, about a 35 minute drive. Rental cars are available.
- Stewart International Airport (SWF IATA). About a 40 minute drive.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, John F. Kennedy International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport: The three major international airports in the New York City area offer service to just about anywhere. Westchester-based taxi and livery cars offer regular service to and from the three internationals from most areas of the county. New York City yellow cabs will take to you Westchester in a pinch, but the fares can be exorbitant. If staying in Westchester, ask if your hotel offers shuttle service.
The Metro-North Railroad (see below) runs to Grand Central Terminal in New York City, from which the three main NYC airports can be accessed by public transportation or taxi.
The Metro-North[dead link] Hudson Line offers express service between Peekskill Station and Grand Central Terminal in New York City in just over 1 hour. A one-way ticket costs $13.25 off-peak and $17.50 peak. On-board fares are subject to a stiff surcharge, so buy your tickets at the vending machines on the platform. Full weekday and weekend schedules can be found online.
- 1 Peekskill Station is located at 300 Railroad Ave, near the Hudson shore. Parking is available.
About an hour's drive from New York City.
- Blue Mountain Reservation, Welcher Ave, +1 914 862-5275. Parking fee. Ride the mountain bike trails. Helmet required, trail map is available online or at Blue Mountain Reservation office. Seven miles of trails in 1,600 acre county park. Trails are marked for level of experience.
- Paramount Center for the Arts, 1008 Brown St, ☏ . Features stage productions, live performances of music and dance, classic films and recent major releases, and visual arts exhibitions.
Two used-book stores around the corner from each other.
- 1 Bruised Apple Books & Music, 923 Central Ave, ☏ . Used books and music. Extensive and eclectic collection, new titles added frequently. First editions. Open daily.
- 2 Field Library Book Store, 934 South St, ☏ . M–Sa 10AM–5PM. Ex library books as well as used books donate by the library's patrons; also music and videos. Books for less than a dollar.
|Routes through Peekskill|
|Central Valley-Harriman ← Stony Point ←||W E||→ Cortlandt → Danbury|
|Albany ← Cold Spring ←||N S||→ Cortlandt → New York City|
|Parsippany ← Stony Point ←||W E||→ Yorktown Heights → Danbury|
|Poughkeepsie ← Cold Spring ←||N S||→ Cortlandt → Croton-on-Hudson|