Stupino is a city in south of Moscow Oblast, with population of 63,124 (2002) is administrative center of Stupinsky district. The town was founded in 1939 as a closed city.
In 1993, Mars Inc opened a CIS main office in Stupino. Now, there are many international compaines operate in Stupino (Campina, Kerama Marazzi, Kimberly-Clark etc) The chief landmark in Stupino is Belopesotsky Monastery, which contains structures from the 17th century and earlier. Oka River with scenery landscapes is close to the city.
The closest airport is Domodedovo (DME IATA) 69 km from the city. The cheapest way is to take bus that goes to Domodedovo and get off at Vzletnaya stop. Then, take a train that goes north (not Moscow). The time on train is about an hour.
Train to Stupino goes from Paveletsky station in Moscow approximately every 30 min.
M4 road will take you to Stupino from Moscow. Distance is 88 km. The road is straight, without any traffic lights. Traffic police check stands near Mikhnevo.
Bus #334 goes hourly from Krasnogvardeyskaya metro station in Moscow starting 08:00 and the last bus departs at 21:00. Very dependable on traffic. The price of a ticket to Stupino is 145 руб.
Stupino is a small city; everywhere within the city borders is within walking distance. But if you need to get places faster, you can use buses and taxis - a ride would cost 120 руб.
- 1 Belopesotsky Monastery.
- 2 Fighter (near train station).
- 3 Local museum, Andropova , 61/11, ☏ . M-F 09:0013:00, 14:00-18:00; Sa 09:00-16:00.
- 1 Alyans, Stupino, Gorkogo, 69, ☏ . This school has courses of Russian for foreigners.
- 2 [dead link] Kredo, Stupino, Andropova, 95, ☏ .
- 1 McDonalds, Pristantsionnaya, 1 (near train station). 07:00-24:00. 200-250 rubles.
- 2 Salvadore, Sluzhbina 4. 12:00-02:00. 500-2000 rubles.
- 3 Katana, Kalinina 61. 12:00-01:00. Japanese dishes
- 1 Tsentralnaya, Komsomolskaya 17/16, ☏ .
- 2 Sherr, Timiryazeva 17a (the same building Yunost movie theatre is), ☏ . New hotel opened in 2009. 3000-5700 rubles.
- 3 Zarya, Stupino district, Petrovo village, ☏ . 3500-5000 rubles/night.
- 4 Sokolova Pustyn, Stupino region, Sokolova Pustyn village., ☏ . 1500-5000 rubles.
Landphone numbers are numbered following way: +7 49664 X-XX-XX.
- [dead link] Internet Center, Prospekt Pobedy 18/43 (Community Center on main square).
As in all of Moscow region, mobile operators are following: MTS, Beeline, Megafon and Skylink.
Main post office address is Andropova 29/9. Postal code is 142800.