Sun City is a suburb 20 miles (30km) northwest of downtown Phoenix, Arizona. It was built as a planned retirement community in Maricopa County in the 1960s. An adjacent retirement community Sun City West was built in the late 1970s; there is also a Sun City Grand. Directly northwest of the three "Sun City" suburbs is Surprise, Arizona.
- Sun City Visitors Center, 16824 N 99th Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 9AM-4PM (winter), 9AM-12:30PM (summer).
- Mercer's Restaurant, 9720 W Peoria Ave, Peoria, ☏ . Pastries and pie; American breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Quality Inn & Suites Phoenix NW - Sun City, 11201 Grand Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . $118 (Feb 2022).
- Best Western Plus Surprise-Phoenix Nw, 13337 W. Grand Ave, Surprise, ☏ . $135 (Feb 2022).
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Surprise, 12477 W Bell Rd, Surprise, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Beautiful, clean, very well kept hotel, and helpful staff. $121 (Feb 2022).
- Comfort Inn & Suites Surprise Near Sun City West, 16741 N Greasewood St, Surprise, ☏ . Beautiful and clean. Friendly staff. $149 (Feb 2022).
- Hampton Inn, 14783 W Grand Ave, Surprise, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Attractive, modern, clean. Big TV in the lobby. $234 (Feb 2022).
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Surprise (Holiday Inn Express), 16540 N Bullard, Surprise, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11:30AM. $199 (Feb 2022).
|Routes through Sun City|
|Quartzsite ← Jct N ←||W E||→ Peoria → Phoenix|