Sunyani is the regional capital of the Brong-Ahafo region.
Sunyani seems to have been designed by very thoughtful town planners; the layout of the main roads makes sense and it's easy to get your bearings. Shared taxis trawl back and forth along most major streets and are a fast and inexpensive way to move around town.
- The Cocoa House, is a high rise that dominates the Sunyani skyline
- Christ The King Catholic Cathedral
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Queen of Peace Building
- Knight of St. John House
- The Kintampo waterfalls
- The Boabeng Monkey Sanctuary
See the Catholic University of Ghana, a new (established in 2000) but growing university, located a few miles out in its permanent site in Fiapre (www.cug.edu.gh).
The Eusbett Hotel has a restaurant with surprisingly good Chinese options, as well as standard restaurant fare. Enjoy lunch for about $5-7. Internet is available in the hotel office.
- Eusbett Hotel.
- Hotel de Jet Ltd., New Dormaa road, ☏ .