South Pelion is a municipality near the city of Volos, in the prefecture of Magnesia. Pelion is a tourist attraction throughout the year: the mountain includes trails and sidewalks for walking within small and large beaches with sand or pebbles.
South Pelion is the area of Pelion which is further away from Volos. There are frequently buses from Volos to most of the villages in that area. Details on buses, can be found online here
The only way to get around is from Volos Interurban Bus Terminal ("Yperastiko KTEL") (KTEL Volou).
- 1 Argalasti, Kalamos, Paou is a stopping point for those headed for the nearby beaches by the Pagasetic Gulf (Horto, Kalamos, Lefokastro) or by the Aegean Sea (Potistika, Melani, Paltsi). An exquisite sample of the architecture of the beginning of the century is the church tower of St. Apostles.
- 2 Trikeri, Ag. Kiriaki, Kotes
- 3 Platanias, Mikro, Kastri
- 4 Milina, Chorto, Lafkos
- 5 Xinovrysi, Potistika, Melani, Paltsi
- 6 Promiri, Lyri, Katigiorgi, Mortia
- 7 Syki — you can swim at its beach, Pandazi Ammos beach
- 8 Paleo Trikeri island island
- Walk along the recognized hiking routes.
There is a good variety of beaches on South Pelion. The west side to the Pagasetic Gulf has smaller sandy beaches with calm waters.
- Potistika, near Xinovrysi
The most lively nightlife can found in Milina and Argalasti.
There are campings in Milina and Platanias