The city is a popular destination for people moving out of Budapest, giving it a suburbanised garden-town or small-town character.
The settlement can be easily reached from both Csepel Island exits of the M0 motorway (ring road).
Budapest and Szigetszentmiklós are connected by three main routes: road 5101, which can be considered the main backbone of Csepel Island, side road 51 101 starting from Csepel-Háros, and road 5102. They continue or merge along the path of Ferenc Rákóczi. There are also roads between the outskirts of the city, the 5101 and 5102 roads, and the 5103 road connecting the M0.
From the southern settlements of Csepel Island, the capital can be reached by passing through Szigetszentmiklós on the eastern and western sides of the island, and on the Csepel Island ridge road.
It is possible to cross the Ráckeve-Danube towards Taksony with the help of a bridge, here the main road 510 runs in the direction of the settlements of the Great Plain.
By public transport
The H6 HÉV has four stops in Szigetszentmiklós. Public slaughterhouse from the direction of HÉV station, the first
The No. 38 bus, the 238 buses and 278 bus runs to the centre of Csepel Island of St. Nicholas, St. Imre Square. The 279 and 279b , the 280 and the 280B bus Laki Hill by patrol the Island of St. Nicholas Auchan and touching Leshegy Industrial Park.
At night, bus 938 runs on bus route 38.
- Ádám Jenő Memorial House (Ádám Jenő Emlékház), Árpád utca 29 (next to Local History Collection). M-F 08:00-16:00 (also by appointment on Saturdays). Here was the noted artist Adam Jenő (1896-1982) who was awarded the Kossuth Prize. He left all his property to hometown. A porched, 120-year-old whitewashed house exhibiting the musical legacy and furniture of Adam Jenő.
- Local History Collection (Helytörténeti Gyűjtemény), Árpád utca 34, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 08:00-16:00 (also by appointment on Saturdays). It has a traditional, tripartite division farmhouse inlude clean room, connecting room, kitchen. The exhibit contents: ethnographic exhibition, unearthed archaeological finds from the area, 19th-20th century historic monuments. The farm implements, agrarian vehicles are an open building.
- City Gallery Art (Városi Galéria), Tököli út 19, ☏ , email@example.com. M-Th 11:00-18:00, Sa 09:00-13:00, F and Su closed. free.
- Imre Molnar Zither Collection (Molnár Imre Citeragyűjtemény), Tököli u. 19, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. The collection was based instruments of the folk artist Imre Molnar. 133 instruments are here. Museum pieces zither, old trough and bulbous zithers, diatonic and chromatic zithers, bulbous concert zithers. Other string instruments as epinette, Kantele, banjo, tambourine can be see here. free.
- Baptist Church of Szigetszentmiklós (Baptista Egyház Szigetszentmiklósi Gyülekezete), Kinizsi utca 43, ☏ , email@example.com. M closed, Tu-Su 09:00-14:00. The order of worship: Sunday 10:00-11:30, at 17:00. The 250-seat church opened in 1996. Also a permanent exhibition of local history and the history of the church is located in the crypt. Free.
- Czuczor Island Nature Protected Area (Szigetszentmiklósi Czuczor-sziget), ☏ . The upper branch of the Danube estuary is a valuable wetland area. The flora and fauna of side branch is rich and varied. (Hu:. Loc: Outskirt.
- Nature Trail of Szigetszentmiklós (Szigetszentmiklósi tanösvény), Holtág. 1-km-long trail along a branch of the Danube of Ráckeve. Very intimate environment. There are the bridges to cross.