Trains run from Warsaw and Kraków. The train from Warsaw takes approximately 2 hours and costs approximately 36 zł. There is no direct train connection from Kraków and a change in Radom or Skarżysko Kamienna is required. The 1 Szydłowiec train station is located about 6 kilometers from the center of the town.
Szydłowiec is very near to the highway connecting Warsaw and Kraków. It has two exits, both north and south of the town.
The town centre of Szydłowiec is very small so it is easy to get around on foot.
- 1 Town Hall (Ratusz), Rynek Wielki.
- 2 St. Sigismund's Church (Kościół Farny Św. Zygmunta), Kamienna.
- Szydłowiec Castle (Zamek).
- 3 [formerly dead link] Folk Instrument Museum (Muzeum Ludowych Instrumentów Muzycznych), Sowińskiego 2, ☏ . Located in the Szydłowiec Castle complex. 4 zł, reduced ticket 2,50 zł.
- 4 Jewish Cemetery (Kirkut), Staszica.
- 1 The Manor House, ul. Czachowskiego 56, 26-510 Chlewiska, ☏ . The Manor House, in nearby Chlewiska is a great option if you don't mind spending some significant money. However, for that price you will be staying in a world class resort which offers not only a hotel, but a great restaurant, spa, and local recreation such as horseback riding. Parts of the complex are approx 800 years old and renovated to be truly magnificent. Expensive for the region.