Taizhou (台州; Tāizhōu) is a city in Zhejiang.
- 1 Taizhou Station (台州站). On the Ningbo-Taizhou-Wenzhou high-speed rail line, this has frequent service to a variety of cities in southern China.
- 2 Linhai Station (临海站). Linhai district is served by its own station on the same high-speed line, although with less service than Taizhou Station.
- 3 Taizhou Luqiao airport (台州路桥机场, HYN IATA). This airport has a few flights to major domestic destinations.
From Shanghai to Taizhou takes 4½ hours by bus or car via the Hangzhou Bay bridge. Ningbo takes 2 hours, Hangzhou takes 3 hours, and Wenzhou airport takes 1 hour.
- MV COSCO Star, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Provides ferry service from Taichung and Keelung to Xiamen, and Damaiyu, Taizhou.
- The 901 and 902 bus run along ring shape route which across three major town of the Taizhou City-Huangyan, Luqiao and Jiaojiang District. Announced the stop in Chinese and English in urban area of each district. From one district to another cost ¥4 or ¥3.5, take 30-40 minutes.
- Most of the bus in the city equipped with air condition and IC Card Reader, you can take the bus in Taizhou, Ningbo, Shaoxin or other city in Yangtze River Delta by using the same IC card. Don't forget to use the IC card again when you get out from 901 or 902 bus.
- Taxis are ¥5 for the first 1.5km. 96520 is taxi service phone number.
Linhai district has a gorgeous old town, ringed by a nearly-complete city wall that climbs along the top of a ridge, advertized locally as the Southern Great Wall. There is also an East Lake (东湖) nearby, and long old streets. Linhai has its own stop on the high-speed rail line, northeast of town.
- 1 Taizhou Museum (台州博物馆), 168 Aihua Road, Jiaojiang District (椒江区爱华路168号) (Nearby bus stops include Sea World South (海洋世界南), which is served by bus no. 152 and Shangrila Gardens (香格里拉花园), which is served by bus no. 103 and the Wei (微) 1 inner and outer circle routes), ☏ . 09:00-16:30, no entry after 16:00, closed on Mondays. Free.
- 2 [dead link] Linhai Museum (临海市博物馆), 288 Linhai Avenue West, Linhai City (临海市临海大道西288号) (The nearest bus stop is the Sports Centre (体育中心) bus stop, which is served by bus routes Linhai 203 and Linhai 211), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 09:00-16:30, no entry after 16:00, closed on Mondays. Free.
- 3 Fucheng Cultural Tourism Zone (台州府城文化旅游区), Linhai City (临海市) (Catch bus no. 211 or 218 from Linhai Station and get off at the East Lake.), ☏ (enquiries), (complaints), (emergencies). 07:00-17:30 (summer), 07:00-17:00 (winter), no entry in last 30 minutes. An historic town best known for its defensive wall, popularly referred to as the Southern Great Wall (江南长城). There is also a small museum about the history of the wall. Note: The coordinates displayed here are for the visitor centre. A bilingual map of the area, can be found on the official website. ¥65 (Southern Great Wall, ¥15 (East Lake), ¥70 (Combined ticket), ¥70 (electric-powered boats), ¥60 (pedal-powered boats).
Enjoy some streetside barbeque in Huangyan District's Night Market, where various trinkets and articles of clothing can also be found. Just say to any taxi driver "ye shi" (sounds like "yeh sure") and you'll get there. The eggplant is highly recommended.
You can also ascend Jiufeng Mountain, the impossible-to-miss backdrop of Huangyan district, which offers a good view of the region, numerous Confucian and Taoist temples, and a Buddhist temple near the summit that features a vegetarian restaurant. Stone and cement steps run up most of the mountain paths, though other paths require a little bit of hands-on climbing. You are likely to spot numerous residents descending with jugs filled with water from the mountain's spring, which is potable and almost sweet-tasting after a climb on a hot Summer day.
Also in Huangyan, be sure to visit the Celtic House Pub, a rather good Irish-American style pub with a menu that includes hamburgers, pulled pork, pizzas, salads, chili, and seasonal specials, and a fairly wide range of imported beers and liquors. Enjoy a free game of pool and get friendly with the colorful local clientele and international visitors alike. Be sure to say hi to Stephen or CJ. The Celtic House Pub is located along a wide alley just east of the Xi Jie Xiao Qu apartment complex.