Jump to navigation Jump to search
From central Auckland drive north on the motorway across the harbour bridge. Take the Northcote off-ramp. Turn right, cross the motorway and follow the signs.
- 1 Takapuna Beach. Sandy beach 1 km long with great views of Rangitoto Island volcano. The Takapuna CBD is at its northern end.
- 2 Fort Takapuna Historic Reserve, Vauxhall Road. A fort built between 1886 and 1889.
- 1 Bruce Mason Centre, cnr Hurstmere Rd and The Promenade. North Shore's main performing arts and convention centre.
- 2 Lake Pupuke. The lake fills a volcanic crater and used to be the main water supply for the North Shore region. It is possible to walk around most of the lake. Some of the shore is private property and detours are needed. The lake is popular for watersports.
- 3 Pumphouse Theatre, Killarney Park, Manurere Ave (beside Lake Pupuke), ☏ . A theatre and art gallery in a converted water supply pumphouse built in 1906.
- Takapuna to Milford Walk. Along the coast taking you past Takapuna’s ‘Golden Mile’.
- 1 Flying Horse, 477 Lake Rd, ☏ . M-W & public holidays 11:30AM-9:30PM, Th-Sa 11:30AM-10PM, Su 4-9:30PM. Takeaway Chinese food. Large servings. Only a few tables to eat in, which is not recommended. Most Chinese meals ~$10-$15 (hot food $1+, burgers ~$5, 2/4 per meals packs ~$26/~$49).
- 1 Parklane Motor Inn, 2 Rewiti Ave, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. One-minute walk from Takapuna Beach. Offers a Qualmark 4-star 32-room motel accommodation just a short stroll to Takapuna's shops, restaurants, cafes and nightspots. $140-$280.
- 2 Takapuna Beach Holiday Park, 22 The Promenade. from $30.