Tivoli Park closed
It seems likely that they'll do something else with the space, though... (WT-en) Gorilla Jones 06:23, 2 January 2009 (EST)
- Tivoli Park , near Kurashiki Station, is a theme park intended to recreate Copenhagen, Denmark. There are fifty thousand trees, and about two hundred fifty kind of flowers. In the summer, there are fireworks every night. It's open 10am - 8pm (M-Th) and 10am - 9pm (F-Su), and an extra hour in the summer. The park is closed from latter half of January to February. Basic admission is ¥2000 for adults, ¥1700 for teenagers, ¥1000 for children and seniors and free for children under 6, with half-price tickets available after 5pm. Tivoli Park will be closing for good at the end of 2008.
Is this open for public use? If it doesn't have a home team and a traveler can't go there and do something on any given day, I'm not sure it belongs in the article. (WT-en) Gorilla Jones 18:13, 10 May 2009 (EDT)
- I had moved this here from the Okayama page a while ago without looking into it further. I'm going to re-add it but change the name. The stadium is not open for public use however, the surrounding area is known as "Kurashiki Sports Park", and that's where the tennis courts, fitness center, scotch(?) court, and free outdoor area are located; all open to the public (for fees). (WT-en) ChubbyWimbus 09:44, 11 May 2009 (EDT)
Seto Ohashi Bridge Memorial Museum
The museum no longer exists as such. The building that was constructed like a bridge is still there and some of the old exhibits still remain, but it's been converted into a Community Center.
- Seto Ohashi Memorial Bridge Museum, ☏ . Known as the first museum in the world dedicated to a bridge, it offers information about the Seto Ohashi Bridge, along with general information about bridges and models of famous bridges throughout the world.
There appears to be a shop here now and no signs of hotel or booking options:
- Minshuku Kashiwaya (民宿柏屋), 2-1-22 Chuo, ☏ . Lodgings are basic at this three-floor minshuku, but it's an excellent value. Rooms from ¥6000 per person with two meals, ¥4800 without.
- Sakura, 10-6 Hon-machi, ☏ . Tu-Su 11AM-4PM. Tasty soba noodles and soup during lunch hours. Dishes from ¥750-¥1580.
- Higashi-da, 2-2-18 Achi-dori, ☏ . M-Sa 5PM-11PM. Excellent seafood and other Japanese cuisine in an old, traditional restaurant. Let the chef decide (omakase) the sushi for ¥5000, although anago oshizushi (made with eel) is a specialty.