Talk:Routes to Santiago de Compostela from France
Proposed name change/move
"Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France" doesn't seem like standard English to me. I'd like to change the title to "Routes to Santiago de Compostela from France." Does anyone object? If not, I'll move it, probably within 24 hours. Ikan Kekek (talk) 20:33, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
This article is a mess
That's the second point. This article is in a really non-standard format, with no blue-linked photos. It's actually an important article on a historic route. This should be an itinerary (or a grouping of 4 itineraries), not a travel topic. It will take a lot of work to fix this article, but it is actually important, and when it's in really good shape, with clear structure and copiously illustrated with great photographs, it could eventually be an excellent feature. Ikan Kekek (talk) 20:36, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
Things needed to improve this itinerary article
OK, I turned this into an itinerary and inserted edited versions of the routes from w:Way of St. James (route descriptions), and I also inserted 2 photos. As I see it, the following are the most urgent tasks now:
(1) Make all of the red-linked place names into blue links, by creating articles - preferably with photos of places of pilgrimage - for all of them.
(2) Make good maps for all four pilgrimage routes.
(3) Make sense out of the mountain of not very clearly sorted information currently in "Go next," which probably belongs somewhere in an expanded description of each route.
(4) Put destinations in Spain in "Go next," as the whole point of the routes is to go next to Spain.
(5) Insert photos of some places of pilgrimage along the route.