Talk:Southwestern Tamil Nadu
(copied in from User talk:(WT-en) ClausHansen)
Dindigul district is a district in the state of Tamilnadu and it is clearly mentioned that Dindigul city is the capital of this district. So this can not be merged to Dindigul city as the places mentioned in this page are in the Dindigul district and not in the main dindigul city. For more information, Pls go thru official site for the governmanet http://www.dindigul.tn.nic.in/
I would like to remove the tag .. merge city.. LEt me know pls
(WT-en) Kbala1055 03:56, 10 June 2010 (EDT)
- Southwestern Tamil Nadu is so far not subdivided in subregions (except for Dindigul District). This is why I suggest we merge the district article into the city article. However, the Southwestern Tamil Nadu article does have more than nine linked cities which is an argument for subdividing (ie keeping Dindigul District region article, establishing the other three region articles and moving cities to the respective region articles). I would prefer to wait with the further sub-regionalisation until the present articles are further developed, but either way is fine for me. Anyhow, it is a mess to have an article for Dindigul District and not for the other three districts, --(WT-en) ClausHansen 04:26, 10 June 2010 (EDT)
There are a lot of sites that are in Dindigul city that are worth visiting and as a result it is worth keeping. Madurai, Theni and Viruthunagar are also some of many districts in S outh West Tamilnadu with headquarters based in Madurai City, Theni city/town, Viruthunagar city/town. I can create the link for Dindigul district in the south western Tamilnadu page.. That would help in sub-regionalisation..kbala1055 - 10 june 2010
Hi Claus, I would like to remove the tag for Merging.. LEt me know if I can - (WT-en) Kbala1055 06:19, 14 June 2010 (EDT)
The southwestern TN is divided into districts, the districts into various sub-divisions called Taluks and each district has a city/town as headquarters.
If you see the following official websites www.dindigul.tn.nic.in for dindigul district
www.madurai.tn.nic.in for madurai district,
www.theni.tn.nic.in for Theni district and for virudhunagar, the
district cannot be completely described in the city and city is a narrow sub-division of district. City cannot cover all the places in the district. It is advised that district and city pages be kept separate. Hope you understand this.
- Dindigul Refer Dindigul district for travel sites in this area. The sub-divisions or taluks of Palani, Kodaikanal, Viruveedu, Dindigul city , Vedasandur, Athur, Nilakottai, Batlagundu and a few others form a part of this district.
- Madurai Refer Madurai district for travel sites in this area.
- Theni Refer Theni district for travel sites in this area. This district contains sub-divisions or taluks given below like Periyakulam and Theni.
- Virudhunagar Refer Virudhunagar district for travel sites in this area. This district contains of many sub-divisions or taluks given below like Rajapalayam, Sattur, Sivakasi, Srivilliputhur and Aruppukottai. (WT-en) Kbala1055 00:02, 27 June 2010 (EDT)