Although there are not many nightclubs in Kits (although I think you are missing a few) there are tons of pubs and similar places to drink. I drink like a fish and rarely have the need to head downtown to the clubs. —The preceding comment was added by (WT-en) 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 11:00, 2005 November 14
What have people got against Ro Sushi?
The entry for Ro Sushi under Eat/Budget has been deleted twice, on 20:04, 2007 April 19 by (WT-en) Sam Salmon, and on 20:21, 2007 May 10 by 184.108.40.206. I don't understand the reason for these deletions, and I think the entry is appropriate for the section. So I've restored them. If anyone has objections to this listing, let's discuss here. (WT-en) JimDeLaHunt 16:09, 11 May 2007 (EDT)
- Ro Sushi is nowhere near Kitsilano it's on the other side of Cambie St FGS! —The preceding comment was added by (WT-en) 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 22:54, 2007 July 20
- Thank you for your reply, 18.104.22.168. It's much easier to work these things out by discussion on a Talk page than by trading edits back and forth. The reason why Ro Sushi belongs in this article is that this article covers more than just the "Kitsilano" neighborhood. Please read the introduction to the article, and the Vancouver#Districts section, which talk about the Wikivoyage district boundaries. This article extends all the way east to the boundary of the Vancouver/East Van article, namely to Ontario Street in the east. Ro Sushi is at 542 West Broadway, just on the Kits side of Cambie, about 5 blocks west of Ontario Street. Thus it belongs in this article. (WT-en) JimDeLaHunt 15:50, 2 August 2007 (EDT)
Deletions and conflicting opinions on restaurants (Lumiere, Tojo's, Taco Shack)
There's been some back-and-forth edits in Vancouver/Kitsilano#Eat in the last few days. Someone is repeatedly deleting the Lumiere entry. Someone thinks Tojo's is lousy, which conflicts with my personal experience there. Disagreement is fine, but then let's have the entry reflect the disagreement instead of one opinion. There is also disagreement about the quality of Taco Shack, which is fine, but for some reason the formatting of the entries got changed from "eat" tags back to bare text, and the entry for one of the branches got deleted. Let's talk about that here, instead of making conflicting edits. My 2¢: I've been to Tojo's in the last 6 months, and thought it was great. Lumiere and Taco Shack have working web sites, so I think they are still in business, so we shouldn't delete them. (WT-en) JimDeLaHunt 15:53, 7 June 2008 (EDT)
Lumière under renovation, Feenie's to become DB Bistro Modern (summer 2008)
Information is unclear, but it looks like the adjacent Lumière and Feenie's sites, at 2551 and 2563 W Broadway, are changing. As of 2008/June/27, Lumière's phone answers with a recording that they are closed for renovation and will open in the fall, check their website for details. However, http://www.lumiere.ca/ has no mention of being closed. Sigh. As of 2008/June/27, Feenie's phone number +1-(604) 739-7115 answers with a recording giving the name "DB Bistro Moderne", also saying that they are closed for renovation and will open in the fall. Feenie's website http://feenies.com is no help, it just redirects to http://www.lumiere.ca/ . http://www.foodvancouver.com/restaurant.php?restaurant=1035 says Lumiere is closed; http://www.dinehere.ca/restaurant.asp?r=311 says Feenie's will reopen as "DB Bistro Moderne under ... Daniel Boulud". Hence, I've left the Feenie's listing as deleted, and restored the Lumiére listing but marked it "closed until Fall 2008". (WT-en) JimDeLaHunt 03:10, 28 June 2008 (EDT)
- The listing has been deleted again. I called and got the same message (will reopen in the fall), so I'm going to leave it off the main page, but I've put the old listing below so the details can easily be found when it reopens. (WT-en) Shaund 21:54, 20 September 2008 (EDT)
- <eat name="Lumière" alt="" address="2551 West Broadway" directions="" phone="+1 604-739-8185" email="email@example.com" fax="+1-604.739.8139" url="http://www.lumiere.ca" hours="" price="$100/person">(Closed from June 2008; reopens in the fall. Call for details.) Served innovative and elegant west coast food with a French flair. Canadian master chef Rob Feenie built its reputation, but left late in 2007 after a falling-out with investors. Now fellow Canuck chef Dale Mackay leads.</eat>
- Is the coverage of the district fairly complete, or just sorta moderate? Is it as good as the coverage in most printed guidebooks? – (WT-en) cacahuate talk 20:40, 27 November 2008 (EST)
- It's pretty close to being a guide. It exceeds what is in Rough Guide and LP British Columbia, but I doubt it exceeds their Vancouver guide. It needs some Buy listings, some Contact listings and some more Sleep listings (I had created a list a while back, if I can find it again I'll put it in). I'm not sure of the Drink situation there, but I suspect there are more than 4 good places. (WT-en) Shaund 01:16, 28 November 2008 (EST)
I was wondering, shouldn't Granville Island be in See, perhaps? I mean it seems more of a place to look at things or buy things. Maybe it isn't - I don't know. (WT-en) edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 17:46, 18 December 2008 (EST).