Tanga is a city in Tanga Region of northeast Tanzania.
Tanga town is about 6 hours from Dar es Salaam. Satellite bus lines costs TSh 13,000.
- Raskazone Swimming Club (Go past the Toyota garage on the corner and head north along the shore. About 1½ km from the centre of town). One of Tanga's two outdoor swimming clubs. There is an entry fee of Tsh 500 which is charged when there are enough people about to warrant an attendant (seldom!) A seemingly abandoned place which has steps leading to a clean(ish) beach with the water lapping right against the courtyard at high tide. There's a reasonably priced restaurant serving excellent fish in the evenings and a cold beer any time. A great place to have a relaxing evening swim and maybe a meal; it comes alive on Sunday afternoons with half the town's youth arriving to jump in, splash about and generally show off. Not to be missed. Cold showers available most of the time. TSh 500.
- Barclays Bank, Independence Avenue. Has a Mastercard/Visa Card ATM.
- Pizzeria Restaurant & Majubas (just opposite Mkonge Hotel), ☏ .
- [dead link] Tanga Yacht Club, ☏ .
Ocean Breeze hotel is in Tanga. A double is TSh 12,000 to 16000
- Sea View Inn, Independence Avenue, Tanga. Check-out: 10AM. Across the street from the coast, overlooking the sea as the name suggests. Breakfast is included, with a balcony and ensuite bathroom. Quite clean and in a prime location downtown. The restaurant has great fish and other dishes. Internet is available but faster internet is available at an internet cafe down Independence Ave. TSh 35,000.
- New Tanga Hotel, Central Ward. Single room with own bathroom. TSh 12,000.
- Mississippi Hotel, Chuda area. Single room with own bathroom. TSh 15,000.
- San Siro Inn, street 14. Single room with own bathroom, tv. Tsh 18,000.
- Panori Hotel, Ras Kazone Street (3km from down town), ☏ . Single/double room with own bathroom. Tsh 30,000.
- Central City Hotel, Street no 8 Ngamiaic, ☏ . Double room with own bathroom TSh 40,000.
To Arusha (8 hours) Ngorika costs TSh 12,000-14,000.
To Mombasa a bus costs TSh 13,000.