Theologos, also called Tholos is a beachside settlement on the mid-north east coast of Rhodes. It is situated a few kilometres to the west of Rhodes International Airport, "Diagoras" (Greek: Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Ρόδου, "Διαγόρας") or (Diagoras International Airport) (RHO IATA). Theologos is about 22 km from Rhodes Old Town.
A few hotels and apartments are near the pretty but slightly breezy beach. This is more traditional village than tourism precinct and the locals are warm and friendly people.
A bus runs from Rhodes city to Theologos at the following times every day: 05:00, 06:55, 07:20, 09:00, 13:10, 13:30, 14:45, 15:00, 15:40, 18:40, 19:40, 21:35. A return bus to Rhodes city runs at the following times every day: 05:50, 06:40, 08:20, 09:40, 14:10, 14:30, 17:00, 20:00, 20:20, 22:40.
Agios Spiridonas, a picturesque church with a lovely white bell tower.
The old centre of Tholos is built in traditional Rhodian style. With tall shuttered buildings and narrow streets, Theologos (Tholos) village is a nice place to wander through.
Nearby is Petaloudes and it's butterflies, Paradisi, and on the coast Soroni. just west of Soroni is Fanes with its picturesque boat harbour, a flat isolated beach and shady tamarisk trees.
Lying off the west coast of Rhodes near Glyfada Bay is Alimia Island and the nearby but smaller Tragousa, Stogili and Makri islands.
- Rhodian Sun Hotel, Paradisi-Tholos (1.5 km from airport), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 24hr.
- Afandou - One of the big villages on the island. The golf course of Rhodes is situated in this area along with a long beach
- Archangelos - The second largest town on the island
- Asklipio - inland village, site of an old church and a castle
- Faliraki - Rhodes' "action resort". Go there to party, everything else is better somewhere else - although the hotels north from faliraki are much quieter. Nice beaches, a lot less winds than on the west coast and really good public transport. Hotels near the water park do not interest clubbers, and are really family friendly.
- Ixia - West coast resorts, close to Paradisi and Tholos, nearby to the airport.
- Rhodes city - The biggest city on the island and seat of the local government