U.S. Route 101, Oregon's coastal highway, enters Tillamook from the north and south. Oregon Route 6 comes to Tillamook from the east, crossing the Coast Range from the Portland metro area.
The best route to Tillamook from Interstate 5 is to take I-405 in downtown Portland to U.S. Highway 26, which connects to Oregon Route 6 about 20 miles (33 km) west. I-5 traffic from the south can also take Oregon Route 217 at Tigard to Highway 26.
The Tillamook County Transportation District (TCTD) Route 5 connects Tillamook to Portland (at Union Station and the Greyhound depot) twice in each direction per day. One-way fare is $15, and round-trip fare is $20. Route 3 comes to Tillamook from as far north as Manzanita and Cannon Beach, and Route 4 comes from as far south as Lincoln City.
The main thoroughfares in town are Main and Pacific Avenues (Highway 101), Third Street (Route 131), and First Street (Route 6).
TCTD's Route 1, the Tillamook Town Loop, makes 12 trips around town per day, leaving the 2nd & Laurel Transit Center hourly at quarter past the hour from 7:15AM to 6:15PM. Fare is $1.50.
- 1 Tillamook Cheese Factory, 4175 Highway 101 North, ☏ . Daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas. 8AM-6PM Labor Day to mid-June, to 8AM-8PM mid-June to Labor Day. The Tillamook Cheese Factory Visitor's Center is the center of the prime dairy area of Oregon. Interactive exhibits describe the cheesemaking process, and visitors can see the process unfold through the glass windows. Samples of their various products are available. And of course, there's ice cream... forty flavors of them. Free.
- 2 Tillamook Air Museum, 6030 Hangar Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W-Su 10AM-4PM. An aircraft collection and aviation museum focused on World War II. Located in one of the few remaining World War II military hangars. $10 adults.
- 3 Tillamook County Pioneer Museum, 2106 2nd Street, ☏ . Tu-Su 10AM-4PM. Adults $4; seniors (62) $3; children 10-17 $1; under 10 free.
- 4 Latimer Quilt and Textile Center, 2105 Wilson River Loop, ☏ . Adults $4; 62+ $3; children 12 and under free.
- 1 Alderbrook Golf Course, 7300 Alderbrook Rd., ☏ (pro shop); +1 503-842-6413(Koko's Restaurant & Bar), ✉ email@example.com. 18 holes $30-32, juniors $15, Cart fee $20.
- Blue Heron French Cheese Company, 2001 Blue Heron Dr, ☏ .
- Tillamook State Forest, with hiking trails and a visitor center with a footbridge over the Wilson River.
|Routes through Tillamook|
|Astoria ← Garibaldi ←||N S||→ Pacific City → Coos Bay|