Titisee-Neustadt is a spa town on the north shore of Lake Titisee, in the Black Forest.
- Tourist Information Titisee, Strandbadstraße 4, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mo – Fr: 9 – 18 Sa, So and holiday: 10 – 12.
Train from Freiburg, 2 per hour to Titisee station, 1 per hour to Neustadt.
Titisee and Neustadt are both rather compact, but despite sharing a mayor, they are too far apart to easily walk, so you should take a bike or bus between the two.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Lake Titisee. 1 km² lake
- 2 Hochfirstschanze. Germany's biggest ski jump
- 3 Heimatstuben, Scheuerlenstraße 31, ☏ . Local museum with information on the regions clock makers.
Walking is the principal activity in summer, with a network of well marked routes. Usually you will find an inn somewhere along the route!
Skiing takes over in winter, as long as there is enough snow.
A number of reasonably priced restaurants in Titisee serving traditional Black Forest fare. Also a Chinese restaurant!
- 1 Jugendherberge Hinterzarten/Titisee (Youth Hostel Titisee-Neustadt/Veltishof), Bruderhalde 27, Hinterzarten, ☏ .
- 2 Hotel Sonnenmatte, Spriegelsbachstraße 5 - 8, ☏ . Family run hotel about a mile out of Titisee on the Neustadt road, bus 7257 every hour. Reasonable standard.