Todos Santos (TS) is a city in Baja California Sur north of Cabo San Lucas on the Pacific side. It is known as a surfing destination.
For the town in Guatemala, see Todos Santos Cuchumatán.
Flying, the best choice is arriving into La Paz - less hectic than San Jose del Cabo (1½ hours from TS) - and closer at 60 minutes. Two American carriers flying into La Paz: Delta, and Alaskan, as do some of the Mexican carriers. Stopping in La Paz for a visit is also a nice introduction into Baja Sur.
The restaurant choices in Todos Santos are amazing for any town let alone a small one in baja with more dusty dirt roads than paved.
- La Casita Tapas & Wine Bar. Chef Sergio Rivera and business partner, Kim Gianotti Keltto, opened La Casita in 2010 and it has quickly become a favorite among locals and tourists. Chef Sergio has combined his love of travel with his passion for fine cuisine and created an international menu that will blow your mind. In addition to tapas, La Casita serves nightly dinner specials and amazing sandwiches for lunch. The warm atmosphere, friendly service and reasonable prices make La Casita a destination restaurant. Check out their website at La Casita Tapas & Wine Bar
- 1 Taller 17, Centenario #17 between Hidalgo & Av. Gral. Topete, ☏ . 07:30-15:00 most days (08:00-14:00 Sunday, closed Wednesday). Amazing pastries and solid coffee drinks at this hole-in-wall café, with a little outdoor seating (one table, a few chairs).
- La Esquina. Sweet little coffee shop with breakfast and lunch just outside the main part of town. Really beautiful interior with comfortable couches, great lighting, and excellent landscaping. And the food is pretty good too. Also has a bar now.
- Cafe Santa Fe. Still considered one of the best (and most expensive) in Todos Sanos. Italian food reigns there with some delicious fresh fish (the sashimi and carpaccio are delicious).
- Ataxon. A local favorite is Ataxcon owned and operated by a pleasant woman (Landi) from the mainland of Mexico. She serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner (on selected days) with surprising flavor. Usually there are a few items to choose from (the stuffed zuchini and cauliflower dishes are notable).
- Los Adobes is a Mexican restaurant which seems to get mixed reviews, but many love the soups especially the Terasca - a cream based soup that will knock your socks off. Stop in to see their cactus garden - it's beautiful.
- "Todos Santos Inn" has small plates at their bar. With the comfortable seating and impressive bar it's no wonder that La Copa at the Todos Santos Inn has become the new hot spot in town.
- Coronela. For late night dining (up to 22:00) visit the Coronela at the Hotel California. The have a full menu with some unexpected items. Their gourmet pizzas - with pear and goat cheese - hit the spot.
- Michael's at the Gallery is one of the few asian themed menus in town. The chicken larb and panko fish keep the locals coming back for more (the curry dipping sauce is a stand out). Make a reservation - they're only open three nights a week. Bring a sweater during the winter - it's cold sitting on their patio.
- El Zaguan is one of the best places for fish tacos - their tray of condiments helps you customize your tacos - truly the best.
- Tre Galline. The most improved restaurant is hands down Tre Galline - the pesto pasta and zucchini pasta will have you eating back to back meals at this authentic Italian eatery!
- Tequila Sunrise (Todos Santos), across from Hotel Califonia. Great food, well prepared, locally grown produce and organic greens. Special are the stuffed poblano chilis - and they are worth the trip! Emmanuel and his lovely wife run this spot - and offer wonderful personal service and great food. Moderate.
The oldest hotel in Todos Santos is the Todos Santos Inn. Located in the heart of the historic district this former home of a sugar baron, built in 1870, has been carefully restored. There are 4 garden suites with private patios and separate living rooms, the junior suites and terrace rooms open up to a large patio with views of the lush gardens below. The heated pool is surrounded by greenery. With its La Copa Bar, this hotel the place to stay for the most sophisticated traveler.
|Routes through Todos Santos|
|La Paz ← merges into ←||N S||→ Cabo San Lucas → END|