Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tokorozawa is a suburban residential town with a population of 340,000. It is situated approximately 30 kilometers directly northwest of Tokyo.
- 1 Tokorozawa Aviation Museum (所沢航空発祥記念館), 1-13 Namiki, ☎ , fax: . 9:30-17:00, closed on Monday. Japan's first airfield.
- 2 Hachikokuyama Nature Park. Best known for the inspiration of Totoro.
- 3 Waterfall Castle, 357 Shiro.
- 1 Seibu Dome stadium (西武プリンスドーム), 2135 Kami-Yamaguchi, ☎ . The baseball stadium of the Saitama Seibu Lions professional baseball team.
- 2 Sayama Ski Slope (狭山スキー場, sayama sukījō), 2167 Kami-Yamaguchi, ☎ . An indoor ski slope.
- 3 Seibuen Yuenchi (西武園ゆうえんち), 2964 Yamaguchi (1 minute walk from Seibuyuenchi Station), ☎ . Th-M 10AM-16/21PM (closing hours vary). Seibuen Yuenchi is an amusement and water park. A water park opens in the summer. Winter activities include outdoor ice skating and a trout fishing pond. ¥1000 for adults, ¥500 for children and seniors, children under 3 free. One day pass: ¥3200 for adults, ¥2700 for children.
|Routes through Tokorozawa|
|Hon-Kawagoe ←||W E||→ Kodaira → Seibu-Shinjuku|
|Seibu-Chichibu ← Hannō ←||W E||→ Hoya→ Nerima → Ikebukuro|
|Fuchu Honmachi ← Nishi kokubunji ← Shin Kodaira ←||S E||→ Minami Urawa→ Shin Koshigaya → Matsudo|
|Takasaki ← Kawagoe ←||N S||→ Tokyo/Nerima|