Several train lines go through Fuchu.
- Keio Line: Run from Shinjuku to Fuchu. The faster Tokkyu (特急) and Jun-Tokkyu (準特急) trains make trip in 20 minutes and cost ¥270.
- JR Nanbu Line: Takes about 50 min. from Kawasaki to Fuchu-honmachi (府中本町).
- JR Chuou Line: Takes about 60 min. from Tokyo to Fuchu-honmachi via Nishi-kokubunji (西国分寺).
- 1 Fuchu City Hall Tourist Information Center (府中市 観光情報センター), 3-1 Miyamachi, ☎ . Runs short free tours on every Thu.
- 1 Ohkunitama Shrine (大國魂神社), Miyamachi 3-1, ☎ . One of the oldest shrines in Tokyo. Kurayami Matsuri (night festival) Six large drams. Eight omikoshi (small shrines).
- 1 Tokyo Racecourse (東京競馬場), Hiyoshicho 1-1 (From Shinjuku, take the Keio Tokkyu or Jun-tokkyu to Chofu, change for a local train to Higashi-Fuchu, and change again for the shuttle train to the racecourse. Despite the transfer hooplah, it's still only 30-35 minutes and ¥270.), ☎ . One of Japan's largest horse racing facilities. Home to several prestigious Grade 1 events including the Yasuda Kinen and Japan Cup races. Racing weekends only, generally January-February, April-June and October-November. The facility is served by the Fuchu-Keiba-Seimonmae Station (府中競馬正門前) of the Keio Line, where shuttle trains run to and from Higashi-Fuchu Station (東府中).
There are a collection of restaurants in the area around the railway underpass.
- 1 Eat Paradice (In the Isetan food court), ☎ . Serves sushi, tempura, and soba.
- 3 Dragon Bar (ドラゴンバー), Maison de Bonheur 1 Flr., 1-9-28 Miyamachi, ☎ .
- 4 Chot Bar, 2-7-1 Fuchucho, ☎ .
- 5 Cafe Hediard (カフェエディアール), Isetan Fuchu 6F, Miyamachi 1-41-2, ☎ . 10AM-7:30PM. Enjoy original blended coffee, various tea and pancakes.
|Routes through Fuchu|
|Tachikawa ← Yaho ←||N S||→ Inagi → Kawasaki|
|Koshigaya ← Nishi Kokubunji ←||N S||→ END|
|Hachioji ← Tama ←||W E||→ Tokyo/Setagaya → Tokyo/Shinjuku|
|Musashi Sakai ←||N S||→ END|
|Hachioji ← Kunitachi ←||W E||→ Chofu → Tokyo|