Tachikawa (立川市 Tachikawa-shi) is a city in western Tokyo.
Downtown Tachikawa is served by the JR Chuo line, JR Nambu line, and Tama Monorail.
Showa Kinen Park (Showa Memorial Park 昭和記念公園), located at a former US Air Base, the land was regained as a spacious park.
Green Belt, perfect for walking or riding a bike. It goes from Tachikawa North, to Kunitachi.
Subaru of Tachikawa (aka Car Do), one of the largest Subaru dealers featuring large amounts of aftermarket parts as well as used cars. A frequent Subaru-enthusiast tourist stop.
There are several movie theaters and a department store near the station. These are somewhat busy on weekends.
- 1 Tachikawa Racetrack (たちかわ競輪場) (A short (free) bus ride from Tachikawa Station.), ☏ . Bicycle racing takes place on a banked oval track.
- 2 Tokyo Summerland (東京サマーランド), 東京都あきる野市上代継600 (30 minutes of bus from Hachioji station), ☏ . Big pools complex with many attractions. ¥3500.
- 3 [dead link] Showa Kinen Park Rainbow Pool (昭和記念公園レインボープール) (2 minutes walk from Nishi Tachikawa station on the JR Ōme Line, or 15 minutes walk from Tachikawa Station.), ☏ . 9 outside pools, some with waves. ¥2200.
There are many department stores, Isetan, Takashimaya, Lumine, Granduo, and so on. They all are popular Japanese shopping department stores. Lumine is very popular for teenagers. Takashimaya and Isetan are famous department stores in Japan, so it might have shop clerks who can speak English or other languages. Most department stores have some café or restaurants, so you can rest while shopping..
Granduo (left at exit subway/metro) has good eating area at the 6th and 7th floor.
- 1 Sheep, 1-5-6 Nishikicho, ☏ .
- 2 [formerly dead link] County Clare, 2-15-21 Akebonocho, ☏ . 5PM-2AM. An Irish pub.
- 3 Bora Bora, Shibasakicho 3-7-5, ☏ .
- 4 Bar Flow, Nishikicho 2-1-8, ☏ .
- 1 Palace Hotel Tachikawa, 2-40-15 Akebonocho (5 minutes walk on 1st level pedestrian walking bridge.), ☏ . Business hotel with nice staff, many of whom speak English.
- 1 [dead link] Tachikawa Immigration Branch Office (東京入国管理局 立川出張所), Kita 3-31-2, ☏ . M-F 9AM-noon, 1PM-4PM. This small immigration branch office can perform various services for foreign residents of Japan. It doesn't have a full range of services, though, so check the website carefully before heading out. Unlike some other immigration offices, they speak no English — Japanese is necessary. Prices for immigration services are standard across the country.
|Routes through Tachikawa|
|Nagoya ← Hachioji ←||W E||→ Suginami → Tokyo|
|Okutama ← Ōme ← Haijima ←||W E||→ into|
|END ←||N S||→ Yaho → Fuchu Honmachi → Kawasaki|
|Haijima ←||W E||→ Kodaira → Tanashi → Seibu Shinjuku|