The town is tucked into a mountain that overlooks the city of Newport and the Pacific Ocean. Toledo is approximately 60 ft (18 m) above sea level, with a population of approximately 3,400. Toledo is on a bend of the Yaquina River and is surrounded by forested hills.
Toledo is one of the few cities in Oregon which has a downtown on a city street. Toledo's Main Street retains its historical flavor, with remarkable shops and welcoming residents. Toledo's waterfront and moored fishing vessels are visible at the end of Main Street.
Toledo's weather is generally mild. Toledo is protected from the harsh coastal winds by mountains and forests, so the town is often warm and sunny. Winters are mild, with temperatures of 30 °F (−1 °C) to 40 °F (4 °C), and summers are temperate, at 70 °F (21 °C) to 75 °F (24 °C) degrees.
- The History Center
- The Rail Road Museum
There is a bowling alley in Toledo.
Toledo has an abundance of antique shops, art galleries, and gift shops.
- [dead link] ReanimateMe Cafe, 388 NE 2nd St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Serves sustainable gourmet coffee and food in a relaxing community-oriented environment.
The Timbers 181 S. Main St Phone - 541-336-3272
Lodging in Toledo is virtually non-existent. Most people stay in Newport.
- Comfort Inn, 531 SW Fall St, Newport, ☏ . Chain hotel.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, 135 SE 32nd St, Newport, ☏ . Chain hotel.
- [dead link] Inn at Yaquina Bay, 2633 SE Pacific Way, Newport, ☏ .
- Newport, an oceanfront community.
|Routes through Toledo|
|END ← Newport ←||W E||→ Corvallis → Bend|