Tooele is a small city in Western Utah, nestled against the foothills on the west side of the Oquirrh Mountains.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Salt Lake City International Airport is the closest commercial airport with daily flights available from many carriers.
Tooele Valley Airport/Bolinger Field is a general aviation field available for private aircraft.
Tooele sits astride Utah State Route 36, so it is easy to reach either from the north and Interstate 80, or the south from Delta.
Utah Transit Authority operates two commuter routes between Tooele and Salt Lake City (routes 451, and F453).
A car is the best transport method for getting around Tooele. 1 Enterprise Car Rental maintains an office in Tooele.
Utah Transit Authority operates two limited routes around Tooele (routes F400 and F402).
- 1 Tooele Valley Museum and Historical Park.
- Tooele Pioneer Museum, 47 E Vine St, ☏ +1 435-882-3168, email@example.com. Free.
- 1 Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza, 1341 North Main, ☏ +1 435 833-9800. M-Sa 11AM-9PM; Su noon-7PM.
- 1 Bonneville Brewery, 1641 N Main St, ☏ +1 435 248-0646.
- 1 Hampton Inn, 461 S Main St, ☏ +1 435 843-7700. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Best Western Inn, 365 N Main St, ☏ +1 435 882-5010, toll-free: +1 800 780-7234. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
To the east lies Salt Lake City, gateway to all the richness of the Wasatch Front, including hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, hang gliding, skiing, and much more. Just on the other side of the Oquirrh Mountains lies the Rio Tinto Kennecott Copper Mine, one of the world's largest open pit mines.
To the west is Wendover, Nevada, just an hour and a half's drive to enjoy Las Vegas-style gambling casinos and entertainment, along with a stunning view as you drive through the heart of the world-renowned Bonneville Salt Flats, used both to set land speed records and as a location used in many films.
To the south, Utah State Route 36 will connect you with Utah State Route 6, which will take you deep into Utah's vast western desert where you can go rock hunting, camping, horseback riding, follow the path of the Pony Express, and enjoy vast stretches of nature using off-highway vehicles.
|Routes through Tooele|
|Reno ← Wendover ←||W E||→ Salt Lake City → Rock Springs|
|END ←||N S||→ Jct N S → Ely (Nevada)|