Trinidad is on Interstate 25, about 30 minutes north of the New Mexico border.
Santa Fe has a small airport with service to Dallas/Fort Worth and Denver. Denver, Colorado Springs, and Albuquerque each have a larger airport with service by most major carriers. All four airports have standard rental car services.
- 2 Trinidad Station, 110 West Pine St. Amtrak's Southwest Chief Los Angeles-Chicago route serves Trinidad
- Cokedale National Historic District. Off Highway 12 west of town along the "Scenic Highway of Legends". This is an intact coal camp, with numbered company houses and old company buildings that were once familiar sights in Southern Colorado.
- 1 Trinidad History Museum.
- 2 Baca Pioneer Museum.
- 3 A.R. Mitchell Memorial Museum of Western Art.
- 1 Trinidad Lake State Park, 32610 State, ☏ , ✉ Trinidad.Lake@State.Co.Us. 24 hrs. Office: M-Th 8AM-4PM. Because this park is located in the foothills, the scenery is gorgeous and there are plenty of outdoor activities available. Boating, fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing, and camping are just a few of the outdoor things to do. $7/day, Camping:$18-28, plus $10 reservation fee.
- Skateland, 424 W. Main, ☏ . A historic building from the early years of roller skating. It underwent a major renovation that modernized its interior while keeping its historic exterior intact.
- Rinos Restaurant, 400 E Main St, ☏ .
- East Peak Pub, 123 Pine St. This is a bar and restaurant with raving reviews from locals. Fusion dishes and Indian food are just a few of their specialties.
- 1 Quality Inn, 3125 Toupal Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 2 Days Inn & Suites Trinidad, 900 West Adams, ☏ .
|Routes through Trinidad|
|Albuquerque ← Raton ←||W E||→ La Junta → Kansas City|
|Colorado Springs ← Pueblo ←||N S||→ Raton → Santa Fe/Clayton|