Troon is a small seaside town 31 miles from Glasgow, in the South West region of Scotland. It has good nightlife, excellent restaurants, great selection of shops, a large modern yacht marina , and some fantastic golf courses including Royal Troon Golf Club  which regularly hosts the Open.
Troon is a very easy town to visit thanks to its excellent transport links. The P&O  ferry terminal connects Troon with Larne in Northern Ireland. Glasgow Prestwick Airport  is only minutes away and offers low cost flights to Europe, Ireland and the South of England. Trains  run every half hour to and from Glasgow and Ayr, and there is also excellent road links with Glasgow and the South.
Local bus (#15) connects the town centre with Muirhead and Barassie. The #14 bus passes through Troon on its way from Ayr to Irvine. Visiting by car you are best to park in one of the many car parks and walk round the town centre.
- Troon Harbour.
- Troon Yacht Haven.
- 1 Royal Troon Golf course. Two 18 hole links golf courses and a 9 hole one. Has been the venue for the Open Championship nine times including 2016.
- The Herbary, jewellery and fine gifts. Ayr Street, 01292 313489
- Bailiwick, gifts and home accessories. Ayr Street, 01292 317555
- Homes & Interiors, designer wallpaper, furnishings, and art. Ayr Street, 01292 676030
- Bijou Flowers, designer florist. Ayr Street, 01292 317770
- Lady Par, golf boutique. Ayr Street, 01292 318020
- Essentials Lingerie. Ayr Street, 01292 310955
- Camerons Shoes, quality footwear. Ayr Street, 01292 313250
- Pandora of Troon, home fragrance, jewellery & gifts. Portland Street, 01292 310888
- Words & Music, cards, cds & DVDs. Portland Street, 01292 312248
- The Frame Work Gallery, contemporary Scottish art. Portland Street, 01292 316144
- Material Things, soft furnishings. Portland Street, 01292 314333
- Lomond Jewellery, gold, silver & diamond jewellery. Church Street, 01292 312912
- Kidz Corner, toy & baby boutique. Church Street, 01292 312492
- Kirstie's Flowers, contemporary style designer florist. Church Street, 01292 316172
- Troon Pets & Aquaria. Church Street, 01292 318417
- Jan de Vries Healthcare, health & diet centre. Church Street, 01292 310344
- Kyle Chandlers, chandlery and clothing. Troon Yacht Haven, 01292 311880
- Fairways Restaurant, ☎ . Overlooks the 18th Fairway at the famous Royal Troon Golf Club and out over the Clyde Firth onto the Isle of Arran.
- Jade Dragon, ☎ . Oriental restaurant with a contemporary twist.
- Lochgreen House Hotel. Offers the highest standards in fine dining. 01292 314214
- Maharani Indian Restaurant. Authentic Indian food enhanced with great service. 01292 311797
- McCallums Oyster Bar beside the fish harbour is a must for seafood fans. 01292 319339
- Scotts, ☎ . A stunning bar and restaurant which looks out towards the picturesque Isle of Arran and Ailsa Craig.
- Bruces Well, Portland Street.
- Cheeky Charlies, Templehill.
- The Coach House, Portland Street.
- Dan MacKays, Portland Street.
- The Harbour Bar, Templehill.
- Lonsdale Bar, Portland Street.
- Pebbles Nightclub, Templehill.
- The Postage Stamp, Portland Street.
- Anchorage Hotel, 149 Templehill (located near the town centre towards the harbour), ☎ . The Anchorage Hotel is the oldest licensed premises in Troon and boasts excellent views of the Isle of Arran. Serves excellent "pub food" and main meals from noon - 21:30.
- Lochgreen House Hotel. Located in a quiet area of woodland and gardens.
- Marine Highland Hotel. 89 room hotel with swimming pool & gym.
- Old Loans Inn. 20 stunning contemporary rooms. The restaurant serves Scottish produce from the local Ayrshire larder.
- Piersland House Hotel. Country house style hotel.
- South Beach Hotel. Family run hotel with 32 rooms.