By public transport
There is plenty of free parking. Tysons Corner is conveniently located right by the intersection of I-495 (the Capital Beltway), I-66, and VA-295.
Tysons Corner is small enough to get around on foot, although it is quite auto-friendly.
- 1 Tysons Corner Center (Tysons I), 1961 Chain Bridge Rd (Located on Tysons Corner Silver Line metro station with access to the mall via a covered walkway), ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-9:30PM, Su 11AM-7PM. Unless you are here on business, it's rare to visit anything other than the huge mall itself. At 2.2 million square feet, this massive mall is among the largest in America, and includes a torrent of higher end and traditional mall anchors such as Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Nordstrom, a large AMC theater, an expansive Barnes & Noble bookstore, and Bloomingdale's. It also has destination retailers such as an Apple store, a Microsoft store, and a Tesla store. Also, there is a new skating rink from the end of November to early March which has an admission fee of $10 and skate rentals for $9 (adults), $6 (child/senior/military). The skate rental shop is inside the mall on level 2 near Lord & Taylor.
- 2 Tysons Galleria (Tysons II), 2001 International Dr, ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su noon-6PM. Located right next to the much larger and prominent Tysons Corner Center, Tysons Galleria stands at a smaller 800,000 square feet figure and is home to super high end brands and luxury retailers such as Chanel, Versace, David Yurman, Coach, Ralph Lauren, Juicy Couture, Burberry, and Gucci. It is a higher-end mall alternative to the more middle-class oriented Tysons Corner Center.
- 1 Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, 1960 Chain Bridge Rd, ☎ . M-Th 5PM-10PM, Sa 5PM-10:30PM, Su 5PM-9PM. Just next to the mall is one a great steakhouse (there is a Ruth's Chris up the street too, which is another chain to be reckoned with). Beyond the steak, the wine list received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator three years running. $25-55.
- 2 Seasons 52, 7863L Tysons Corner Center, ☎ . Su-Th 11AM-9PM; F-Sa 11AM-11PM. Fresh grill and wine bar offering a seasonally inspired menu and international wine list. $30 or less.
- 3 Coastal Flats, 7860 Tysons Corner Center, ☎ . Su-M 11AM-10PM, Tu-Th 11AM-10:30PM, F-Sa 11AM-11:30PM. Specializes in fresh fish and seafood options, but also happy to serve you a burger and beer. $30 or less.
- 1 Courtyard Tysons Corner, 1960-A Chain Bridge Rd, ☎ . A big Marriott with conference facilities. $95-285.
- 2 Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, 7920 Jones Branch Rd, ☎ . A notable, if not that huge, step up from the Courtyard. $105-320.
- 3 Ritz Carlton, 1700 Tysons Blvd, ☎ . The one four-diamond hotel anywhere in the area. It's the Ritz; it's nice. $230-550.
Great (non-chain) food is not far away. Falls Church in particular, has fabulous destination dining, just across the Beltway at 2941 Restaurant (contemporary American, and easily some of the best in the D.C. area), as well as some of the best Vietnamese food outside Vietnam, particularly at Eden Center.
|Routes through Tysons Corner|
|Bethesda ← McLean ←||N S||→ Falls Church → Springfield|
|Winchester ← Great Falls ←||W E||→ Falls Church → Alexandria|
|Leesburg ← Reston ←||W E||→ McLean → Falls Church|
|END ← Reston ←||W E||→ McLean → East End|