Uçhisar is a town in Cappadocia.
From the heights of the Uçhisar citadel, you have a magnificent and unrivaled view of the whole region.
- Uçhisar Castle / Landlord's Castle (Uçhisar Kalesi) (The big rock on top of the hill in Uçhisar). The view from the top of this massive rock with a number of rooms carved into it is well worth the price of admission. The path to the top is strenuous but short, mostly stairs and relatively safe. 6 TL.
- There are also many similar hand carved rooms and tunnels you can explore in the nearby Pigeon valley. Fewer stairs, perhaps less safe.
- Hike the Güvercinlik (Pigeon) Valley.
- Kocabag Winery, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Winehouse where you can test for free.
- La Maison du Reve (Dream House), Tekeli Mahalle 17, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Family-run hotel with en-suite bathrooms. Price include breakfast. €20/35/45 per room/night for single/double/triple rooms.
- Kale Konak, Kale Sok. No : 9 (Just to the right of the ticket office for the Castle), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A beautiful boutique hotel with single/double/triple rooms and suites, in both cave and arched rooms. A great hall with a fireplace and reading halls. Has its own hammam (traditional Turkish bath). Internet and fax. Great service. Around €100 for a double, including breakfast.
- Museum Hotel, Tekeli Mah. 1, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Boutique "cave hotel". Airport shuttle may be available. Starting from €145 for a standard room and going all the way to €1650 for one of their totally 'cave' rooms..
- Maisons de Cappadoce (Cappadocia Houses), Belediye Meydani #6,, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Seventeen luxuriously restored cave houses offered as self-catering rentals in one of Cappadocia's nicest hotel settings. Designed and managed by French architect Jacques Avizou. Studios (2-3 persons) starting from €140 up to €980 for Maison les Roses (6-7 persons, with own cliffside swimming pool)
- 1 Cappadocia Cave Resort & Spa, Tekeli Mah. Göreme Cad. Divanlı Sk. 83, ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. A real "cave hotel" carved into a mountainside. A spa and handicapped-accessible rooms are available. 249€.