Ulvik is a village in Hordaland, Norway. It is the administration center of Ulvik municipality (pop. 1,107 as of 2008) which also contains Finse, a large mountain area, some other small settlements, and a large number of farms, many of which are abandoned.
Ulvik village sits at the end of Ulvik fjord. The inner part of the fjord is relatively shallow and almost closed off from the main fjord like a lagoon. The village is surrounded by fine small farms and fruit gardens. One of these farms were run by poet Olav H. Hauge, his "The Dream" was voted Norway's best poem of all times. His poems often reflects life among the apple trees in pretty Ulvik.
- Den Grøne Kafe (The Green Cafe), Promenaden 7, 5730 Ulvik, ☎ .
Three of Ulvik's four hotels are owned by the same hotel chain, Rica Hotels. All four are located in or near the center of Ulvik village.
- Ulvik Fjord Hotel, Eikjeledbakkjen 2, 5730 Ulvik, Hardanger, ☎ , fax: . Check-in: 14.00, check-out: 12.00. Privately owned, family run. 19 rooms, WLAN, restaurant, bar, Large garden. kr 950,-.
- [dead link]Rica Brakanes Hotel, 5730 Ulvik, Hardanger, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 143 rooms, wlan, pub, bar, etc.
- [dead link]Rica Ulvik Hotel, 5730 Ulvik, Hardanger, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant. The guests have access to all the facilities of Rica Brakanes Hotel.
- [dead link]Rica Strand Fjordhotel, 5730 Ulvik, Hardanger, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Restaurant and swimming pool. The guests have access to all the facilities of Rica Brakanes Hotel.
- Øydvin Gardsturisme, Øydve Ulvik. High standard holiday home by the fjord.