Upper Marlboro is the seat of government for Prince George's County. The town itself is relatively small, but it is embedded within a much larger unincorporated area collectively called Greater Upper Marlboro, which includes Marlboro Meadows, Brock Hall, Marlboro Village, Queenland and Croom. Visitors to the town itself are likely to come because of business with the county government, but the surrounding area has parks, activities and other destinations.
Maryland Route 725 follows Main Street through downtown and connects the town to U. S. Route 301 to Bowie in the north. Maryland Route 717 connects MD 725 in downtown to Maryland Route for via Water Street. MD 4 to the west connects to the Capitol Beltway, US 495 and US 95.
- The Tomb of Dr. William Beanes (is located in a small park at the intersection of Elm Street and Governor Oden Bowie Drive). William Beanes was with Francis Scott Key when Key wrote The Star-Spangled Banner.
- [dead link] Watkins Regional Park, 301 Watkins Park Drive.
- The Show Place Arena and Equestrian Center. has horse races and other events.
- Darnall's Chance House Museum. is a mansion from the 18th century. They have events including an annual Gingerbread house contest and show during the Christmas season.
- The Marlboro Raceway. is a historic NASCAR track that saw the Chevy Corvette make its racing debut.
- 1 Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary, 11704 Fenno Road, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com?subject=Merkle. Park is open Sunrise to Sunset; visitor center hours are 10AM to 5PM in the summer and 10AM to 4PM weekends only from Nov 1 to May 1. Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary features hiking through poplar forests, a 4.3 mile self-guided driving tour and fishing in five ponds that are stocked with large mouth bass, blue gill, and various other species. The Frank Oslislo Visitor's Center has interpretive displays, a live animal exhibit, children's activities and a bird viewing area. The park includes large manmade mounds of dirt called "ha-has". Their purpose is unknown, but they are believed to be either early boundary markers or defenses built by soldiers in the War of 1812. Free entry.
- 2 Six Flags America, 13710 Central Ave. Amusement park featuring roller coasters, waterpark, and kids attractions
|Routes through Upper Marlboro|
|Annapolis ← Bowie ←||N S||→ Waldorf → Richmond|