Our coverage of the world is so uneven. Looking at the number of articles by country and more specifically where the higher quality star and guide articles are located, it is clear we have a lot of work to do. Countries that are Anglophone or developed (if not both) obviously and inevitably have better coverage than countries that are neither. Sometimes obscure, middle-of-nowhere destinations of the former have an article while the destination containing the most prominent attraction of a latter country doesn't yet exist. One exception to the trend is that countries close, allied and familiar to the w:Five Eyes tend to be well covered. The level of detail within countries also varies widely for similar reasons.
Having said that, I see this gap as an opportunity. Systemic bias isn't unique to Wikivoyage, and by boosting our coverage of underrepresented parts of the world and topics, we will create an advantage over all other sources of travel information out there.
I primarily work on Wikipedia but am looking to expand my Wiki-addiction. I have contributed to Wiktionary, Wikibooks and various wikis on Wikia as well.
The two cities in the world where I've travelled most extensively are Sydney and Delhi respectively. Having said that, the whole world is beautiful and I'm fascinated by all cultures and lands. I have read about and been to many others parts of our planet.
- Add country codes to any many listings as possible (2545 pages without country codes as of 01:38, 30 December 2014 (UTC))
- Add Wikipedia links to articles. ((2247 without WP links as of 00:12, 2 January 2015 (UTC))
- Fix listings with phone format issues (1598 as of 23:44, 2 January 2015 (UTC))
- Add Geo Zoom to articles needing it (2026 as of 11:46, 8 February 2015 (UTC))
- Fix articles with dead external links (7643 as of 09:49, 22 May 2016 (UTC))
- All maintenance categories (17150 as of 10:29, 12 February 2017 (UTC), 15704 as of 05:18, 8 June 2017 (UTC))
- Fix WP/Wikidata links (2559 as of 00:51, 6 September 2017 (UTC)))
As of 12:19, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
- Geo coords - 88.657%
- Custom banner - 33.568%
- Mapframe - 10.298%
- Routebox - 32.036%
As of 01:32, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
- Geo coords - 95.292%
- Custom banner - 49.81%
- Mapframe - 26.949%
- Routebox - 35.505%
As of 00:00, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- Outline districts - 200
- Usable districts - 530
- Outline cities - 13708
- Usable cities - 3263
- Work on Hindi Phrasebook
- Continue to work on Sydney and Australia generally
- Continue to work on Delhi and India generally
- Improve coverage of the Global South and other forgotten parts and topics of the world
- Create Wellness tourism travel topic or expand Spas
- Work on miscellaneous travel articles