|“||Roam if you want to, roam around the world.||”|
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.
Any comment here? Wikivoyage:Travellers' pub#Why isn't there a New Delhi article on Engvoy? Pashley (talk) 02:45, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- 1 Great work!
- 2 Thanks
- 3 Thank you
- 4 You have been very, very busy!
- 5 Admin?
- 6 Chiang Mai
- 7 "Persistent, skilled" vandalism
- 8 Ruzomberok change
- 9 Re: Meditation
- 10 Porteños and world class ice-cream
- 11 A goat for you!
- 12 Thanks Dear
- 13 You're welcome
- 14 A Barncompass for you
- 15 A goat for you!
- 16 Welcome messages
- 17 An award for you!
- 18 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 19 Reminder: Share your feedback in this Wikimedia survey
- 20 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 21 Ardlethan
I see that other than the boilerplate welcome template above, you haven't been properly welcomed to Wikivoyage. It's great to have you on board. I've followed your contributions in mainspace articles and your comments on policy discussions, and let me say that it's great to see a new contributor plunge forward with such enthusiasm. I might say that if you have any questions or need any help with anything, just let me or any of the other regulars know - but it seems like you have things pretty well in hand, so instead I'll just say you're doing great work, and hope you carry on with more of it. -- AndreCarrotflower (talk) 19:42, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
You have been very, very busy!
Hi, DaGizza. You've been a prolific and extremely helpful editor on this site. I think everyone familiar with your work would trust you not to abuse admin tools if you receive them. They would enable you to block spambots and very disruptive vandals and to revert a series of spam or vandalistic edits in a single click. Let me know if you have any interest.
All the best,
- Hi Ikan Kekek, I would be happy to take on the admin tools and help out with vandal fighting a bit more. Particularly since a few veteran admins have left us in recent times (hope it's temporary). Thanks for the kind offer. Gizza (roam) 09:27, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
- The process took longer than it should have, but you are now an admin. Note your new tools, which enable you to block users or rollback a series of edits with a single click. I'm sure you'll use them wisely. Please feel free to call on me or any other more experienced admin for advice any time you like, and thank you for being willing to help out in this way.
- All the best,
"Persistent, skilled" vandalism
Hi DaGizza! Is there a provision for using links to Google Maps, in addition to the preferred geo lat-long coordinates? I'm suggesting we use both, keeping the Google Maps links because they have more info than just the location: name of the venue in the local language, photos, reviews and visitor reports, phone number, etc. If you use only the geocoords, I don't think there is a way to link through to the exact venue in Google Maps, only to a pin at its location.
Porteños and world class ice-cream
Is this the right way to answer a message? Anyway, for the moment I would like to offer some data now and then, so you can decide wether to include it and how, if you would agree to do so. For instance: National Geographic has recently chosen the "Top 10 Places to Eat Ice Cream" in the world, and one of them is in Buenos Aires: Cadore, in downtown Corrientes street. Gastronomy is so good in this city that it probably deserves a section. Thank you. Tangombe (talk) 18:26, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
A goat for you!
This page is awesome, thanks very much for putting it together.
Hi, this is User:184.108.40.206 here. I'm glad I was able to improve the Belgium articles, some of those things were really off indeed, the Flanders-Wallonia relations are really not as taboo or controversial as the previous revision suggested. I didn't know Wikipedia accoutns and Wikivoyage were linked so I'm contributing from here now.
Anyhow, thank you, and you're welcome!
A Barncompass for you
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|Thanks for your great contribution in Wikivoyage edit-a-thon 2018!|
A goat for you!
Thank you for the message, there's a WikiLove section in your user page. So I decided to sent you a WikiLove.
- Thanks @Ikan Kekek:. I would first select the newcomers or unregistered user categories in Recent Changes and welcome those users (sometimes extending the number of results to 100 or 250 instead of 50 to find more users) but I also look at Special:ActiveUsers, which is a list of all active users in the last 30 days. I try to find users that have made a net positive contribution, have a redlink to their talk page and then welcome them. I thought about this idea during the edit-a-thon since there were many newbies perhaps going under the radar but I now think there have always been many editors who make one or two good edits but never get a welcome message. Most of these editors seem to forget about Wikivoyage and never return but hopefully the welcomes will rejog their memory and rekindle their interest in editing here. Gizza (roam) 22:45, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
An award for you!
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|Dear Gizza, thank you for helping me by creating my own User Page.|
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
Are you sure about this? See w:Ardlethan: Population: 387 (2016 census), practically empty Wikivoyage stub and no evidence in Wikipedia that it's of any interest to visitors, so a typical useless Telstra-user article. I plan on deleting the Ardlethan article as page-creation vandalism and permanently blocking the 2 Telstra-user sockpuppets who created it and the one who added it to the Riverina article, but as a courtesy to you, I thought I'd ask you if there's a reason I shouldn't. Ikan Kekek (talk) 04:55, 4 June 2018 (UTC)