|“||Once a year, go somewhere you've never been before||”|
|“||Lawbreakers, anti-maskers and vandals aren't welcome in Australia||”|
|“||How does this fit with the country that so many people overseas have told me is the envy of the world?. How does this fit? How do we make sense of this chorus of boos? Was this who we were? Was this telling us who we were as Australians?||”|
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
I'm from Sydney, Australia and my purpose here is to try and create an article for every single outback town and Tourist Drive in Australia. I prefer they/them pronouns but I don't mind if you say he/him pronouns to refer to me. I detest vandalism and wrong information. If you look at my en.wikipedia contributions here as you can tell my job is to mainly fight vandalism.
I've visited 180 out of the 10000 beaches in Australia (1.8%) and hoping to make it to 300 by the end of 2023 and going to 1000 Aussie beaches in my lifetime.
I also hope to become an admin one on this site. Fingers crossed. Hopefully by 2022 Feb
I'll also openly admit my silliest mistake I've made on Wikivoyage – Here
|Tourist Drive 33||Guide|
|Overland travel between Melbourne and Adelaide||Guide|
|Tourist Drive 30||Usable|
|Grand Pacific Drive||Usable|
|Tourist Drive 38||Outline|
|Alternate Tourist Drive 24||Outline|
This includes articles that I was the main contributor of, even though I didn't start it.
Articles I've upgraded
These are the articles that I've upgraded their status but not the main contributor.
|Article||Original status||Current status|
|Route 15 (Australia)||Outline||Usable|
Articles I want to make
- Lyndhurst (South Australia)
- Daly Waters
- Roxby Downs
- Mystery Bay
- Halls Creek
- Australia's big things
- Mount Hope
- National Route 83
Thoughts on editing
As an editor, I enjoy:
- writing in lively style about places I know or interesting Aussie places.
- writing article leads
- adding listings (except coordinates)
- contributing to history, infrastructure and aviation-related articles and sections.
- welcoming new users to Wikivoyage and Wikipedia.
- dealing with problematic edits (yes, it's one of my strengths and you can see this at enwiki)
- writing about big sculptures (Australia's big things)
- adding funny name places (e.g. The edge of the world, the other side of the moon, eggs and bacon bay, nowhere else and penguin)
I think the following aspects of editing are tedious but necessary:
- adding coordinates (seriously)
- anything to do with impossible-to-remember but useful templates
- tables - I prefer the damn visual editor for this
- adding colour to text
Things you won't find me doing:
- Doing "technical" things
- Making a static map - I'm using a loan laptop to edit Wikivoyage so I can't download ink-space as well as it sounds tedious to do
- Working on anything related to North America or Europe - we have a large number of fine North American and European editors who are brilliant at what they do, so a destination article for just about anywhere else in the world is much more in need of my time.
- Working on Western Australian or Tasmanian articles - I've never been to these states so I don't know what's the trend there
- Dealing with copyright
This section was inspired by User:ThunderingTyphoons! and to say, I have to give him credit
|Southernmost||Southern tip of Victoria|
|Longest flight||SYD - OSL (21.5 hours)|
|Longest train ride||Sydney - Newcastle (2 hours)|
|Longest bus ride||Cairns - Townsville (6 hours)|
|Longest journey by bike||Sydney - Parramatta (60+ kilometers)|
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|For your general contributions to Wikivoyage, and specifically for your work on Australia articles. We're glad you're here, mate. Ground Zero (talk) 12:39, 18 March 2021 (UTC)|
|The Aussie Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|Thanks for your great work on improving Australian travel pages, especially driving articles. Hope Tourist Drive 33 gets star status soon! --LivelyRatification (talk) 02:58, 23 March 2021 (UTC)|
|The Aussie Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|This Barncompass is to show appreciation for your great work on Aussie articles on Wikivoyage. --18.104.22.168 11:46, 12 April 2021 (UTC)|
|D'oh! This travel guide to SHB2000 is unusable because it refers to a location that's impossible to reach intentionally. Please don't sue us, Matt.|