I play Minecraft and it brings me back to travel, erm, Darwin's adventure
Caveats to this diagram:
- Boats hanging on the davits port and starboard are drawn half size.
- Philip Gidley King created the diagram from memory when in his 80s, decades after his time on the Beagle.
- There forecastle does not comport with records.
- The windlass? Should be just aft the foremast, not on the forecastle where the 6 pound gun was on a turret.
- Where is the Galley?
- Main mast too far forward?
See John Chancellor's essay about his Beagle reenactment painting and his research for it.
It's all to000000 technical
I'm on Meta → m:User:Rogerhc
I enjoyed Wikitravel when it was run by Evan and Michele. The corporate Internet Brands Wikitravel disappointed. I look forward to where we will go now with Wikivoyage as our ark.
This now: Wikivoyage:TOC.
Now that: Wikivoyage:Puzzler
- County Sligo <-- why is TOC appearing down page on this page? Is it the two images? (TOC appears aligned with top of second image?)
Guess where m:wikivoyage goes?
below are my notes
It also floats TOC left
$wgDefaultUserOptions ['toc-floated'] = false; $wgDefaultUserOptions ['toc-expand'] = false;
However, Wikivoyage (probably in LocalSettings.php) overrides the float default to true.
I wonder what kind of image searching this does: http://toolserver.org/~magnus/fist.php
Main Page Design
Prototyping "go" bar at User:Rogerhc/x.