User talk:(WT-en) Cupcakecommander
Welcome to Wikivoyage. You can edit your preferences to change how the software works for you. Please take a second to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines, but feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages. Scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. If you're new to our wiki software, MediaWiki, look at the Wiki markup to get an idea of how to edit a page. If you need help, check out the help desk, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub.
Might I add that your name sound delicious. Mmmm. Cupcakes. -- (WT-en) Sapphire 07:16, 22 November 2006 (EST)
- 1 Images
- 2 Image ownership
- 3 Azberijani babel
- 4 Docent
- 5 signature
- 6 Are you...?
- 7 Towns
- 8 Agjabadi-Region Center
- 9 Nebraska
- 10 reply
- 11 Baku
- 12 Azerbaijan Regions
- 13 Şəxi
- 14 Babel templates
- 15 Baku Pictures
- 16 Imagages removed
- 17 Sheki as OtBP
- 18 Sheki Itineraries
- 19 Azeri Wikivoyage
- 20 Your images on ja:
- 21 Sheki map!
Would you please upload your images to Wikivoyage Shared. Shared is our central image depository and any images that are uploaded there can be used by every Wikivoyage project like the German Wikivoyage. To use Wikivoyage Shared you'll need to sign up for another account, but you can use "Cupcakecommader". Thanks a lot! -- (WT-en) Andrew H. (Sapphire) 00:49, 23 November 2006 (EST)
I noticed some of the images you have uploaded have been scanned from other material. Please make sure you have ownership of these images and can release them using our image policy and that any owner of the work is willing to release them using CC by SA. We take copyright very serious and will need to delete them images that are not release by the owner. Take a look at Project:Copyleft for some explanation. We do very much appreciate your contributions and hope you will continue to add content. If there are any images you don't own and unable to get a release from the actual owner, just let us know and we can delete them. Again, thank you for your help with the guide and we look forward to you future contributions. -- (WT-en) Tom Holland (xltel) 06:44, 23 November 2006 (EST)
- Please respond — otherwise images like Image:ShekiTransportationMap1Small-Japanese.jpg will have to be deleted. (WT-en) Jpatokal 03:21, 7 December 2006 (EST)
- After reviewing the Project:Copyleft , I think that the images should be removed until I can gain authorization of the usage for these items. Sorry for the problems, and I will try to keep my future contributions in line with Wikivoyage goals.
Dear Commander of the Cupcakes,
I'm still hungry. Mmmmm. Cupcakes.
Anyhow, I saw your request about creating Azberijani babel templates. I'm assuming you speak Azberijani so all you'll need to do is write out the templates. If you visit this section - Project:Babel#Azerbaijani_.28az.29 - click on the template links and fill out the new templates. I'll do a little bit of work to help you out. -- (WT-en) Andrew H. (Sapphire) 08:19, 26 December 2006 (EST)
thanks for fixing the copyvio on Lankaran, and Happy New Year to you too!
FYI, to sign your name on a talk page just type four tildes (~~~~). Take care, (WT-en) Cacahuate 02:13, 3 January 2007 (EST)
I don't think so, I may be though.. I sometimes forget to log in before I edit stuff.. (WT-en) Cupcakecommander
The top-level Azerbaijan article should only list the top 7-9 cities and some selected points of the major tourist interest. The rest should be placed in the appropriate regions. (WT-en) Jpatokal 06:47, 16 January 2007 (EST)
This does not make sense to me. What exactly is it? — (WT-en) Ravikiran 06:12, 16 February 2007 (EST)
Thankyou for your message.Unfortunately I do not visit wiki travel that much so i cant be reached most of the time. If you need any help you can contact me by email.Go to the toolbox on your left when your on my userpage and click "email user".
Note:You must have an email adress in your prefferences to be able to email me.
Regards.--(WT-en) Nadirali 07:25, 15 April 2007 (EDT)
Hi! You put Baku up for CotW a few weeks back and mentioned that some attractions are missing... Any chance you could put a few details on the guide - if you haven't got much time someone else can surf round and get more details if we have the names! Also, could you give us a rough indication of prices so that we can split the Eat sections up into budget/mid range/splurge? Thanks -- (WT-en) Tim (writeme!) 07:27, 29 May 2007 (EDT)
Hello Commander of Cupcakes, I'm trying to work out a new traveler-oriented hierarchy of regions for Azerbaijan. I would love to hear what you think! --(WT-en) Peterfitzgerald Talk 13:23, 30 May 2007 (EDT)
- Just a quick heads up, since I see you created an article for Xacmaz Rayonu. We are probably not going to keep articles for individual rayony, so don't bother creating new ones. Also, I left a quick question on Talk:Azerbaijan for you. I'm looking forward to getting the shiny new regions map up! --(WT-en) Peterfitzgerald Talk 23:59, 30 May 2007 (EDT)
I'll fix my goof on the map, but this reminds me: why are there signs for Şəxi around town? And I seem to remember people saying Şəxi, rather than Şəki. This is why I keep confusing the spelling—what's going on?
you mentioned that I had not added the Baku pictures to wikivoyage shared. That was the first that I added, and did not know about using shared. I would be glad to d/l them again for you, if you like, as I must have the link itself in my files. Tell me if this would help, so I can start searching for them. (WT-en) Flowergirl 05:17, 30 July 2007 (EDT)
....I got message from someone, do not remember who, who told me that my Miami pictures, were d/l twice, and some had a copyvio. I am very careful when d/l images from flikr, and have never had a copyvio. I would like to see the pictures that were sent to the delete. I do not know where to find it. can you help please (WT-en) Flowergirl 15:50, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
Sheki as OtBP
Hello again, O' commander of the cupcakes. I was looking at the Sheki OtBP nomination and what it would take to get it there. I would really like to make a Wikivoyage-stylee map for Sheki, but would need either 1) explicit permission from the Norwegian embassy (or any other Sheki mapmaker) to use their map as a base image for a derivative work that would be freely usable by anyone, or 2) any kind of overhead image of the city. An overhead image could be satellite (but I don't think there are any public domain sat images in high enough resolution) or just a high quality image or set of images taken from the same height and zoom (maybe from the top of the Sheki Hotel, or from a mountainside? As long as I can see the street layout, I can make a good map. Then I would probably need your help to get the street names and listings locations right. If you think this is a feasible idea, let me know! If we do get a tourist style map, it would not be a difficult push to make Sheki a star article. I agree, by the way, Sheki is probably the nicest weekend destination in the Caucasus, beautiful, relaxing, friendly, great food, and plenty of interesting historic sites. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 22:53, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
- OK, I just need two more things and I'll get working on the map. First, since their message was still a little ambiguous, would you mind also pasting your email to them on my talk page. Second, could you upload a higher resolution scan of their map? The existing image is a bit too low-res for me to make a very good map. Looking forward to mapping Sheki--I didn't have a very good sense of the place when I was there! --(WT-en) Peter Talk 02:10, 13 August 2007 (EDT)
Hey Josh, that first one looks good, but will require some more work with formatting and style. I'll try and help out when I get a chance. I've also listed a few more things that need to be done on the article at Talk:Sheki. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 22:47, 27 August 2007 (EDT)
- So wait, the Albanian church is inside a warehouse inside a school? I know I didn't find it in any rate when I was there. ;)
- I figured the teahouses would just be nondescript and all over the place. Nonetheless, currently we have no drink entries, which looks bad. Could you mark on the map (using MS paint or whatever program you might have access to) the locations of say 9 of Sheki's teahouses? That way I could at least show them on the map I'm nearly finished with.
- Just a reminder about the teahouses ;) You'd just have to mark a bunch of the most relevant (like the one by the Khansarai). I know it seems a little unnecessary, but speaking from personal experience, it would have been nice to have had a few teahouses marked near attractions. And as soon as I get the locations from you, I'll upload the map and we can schedule Sheki as an OtBP of the month. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 22:50, 3 October 2007 (EDT)
- How about we find and recruit more people? By the way, the part of the world your're right now is very nice, how is it there? (WT-en) Kie(WT-en) ltenketijä 18:08, 10 September 2007 (EDT)
Your images on ja:
I'd really like to see Sheki as the OtBP destination of the month, and I think it's just waiting on my (basically finished) map. But I'm not willing to publish the map without any drink listings. So I'm just waiting on you to mark up 3-4 teahouses for me to add.
- Hey Josh, I've now uploaded Image:Sheki map.png, but it still lacks the listings for which I couldn't find the exact location. Would you mind downloading my map, marking the following locations (using S1 for "see #1," H3 for "hotel #3," etc.), and then reuploading the map, so that I can complete it?
- The locations I need are:
- See: S1,S2,S3,S4,S7,S8,S9
- Buy: B1,B2
- Eat: E1-E7 (all of them)
- Sleep: H2-H8
- Hair cuts: X1,X2
- So those letters tell me what type of listing and the numbers correspond to the key at the top of the map image I just uploaded.
- Lastly, could you also draw in an arrow pointing out the route to Kish? I'll finish the map as soon as I receive your marked-up version. Thanks! --(WT-en) Peter Talk 07:11, 3 November 2007 (EDT)
- Ah, one more thing--could you also leave me a message with a list of all the street names on the Norwegian Embassy's map, translated into Azeri? I'd like to put the Azeri names on the map the way they an Azeri would spell them. I've got my pc configured to type in Azeri, so that's not a problem. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 07:13, 3 November 2007 (EDT)
- OK, I will do my best with the street names and you can correct them if I make mistakes. Also, did you see my see/by/eat/sleep/cope locations request above? That's now the last thing to be done with the map—I will await your newly uploaded map with these locations marked. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 03:21, 5 November 2007 (EST)
OK, I've now uploaded a final-ish version at wts:Image:Sheki map.png, as well as an svg source (wts:Image:Sheki map.svg). I created the map using Inkscape, and you can find more information about how to do this at Project:How to draw a map—it's surprisingly easy to do, albeit time-consuming and complex.
- Please feel free to contradict me on the dotm page about the hikes. Although I wasn't actually thinking of any of the hikes we have listed—I was thinking about more serious high-alpine trekking, for those who do that kind of thing. I don't have any particular MoS edits in mind, I've just been meaning to try my hand at beautifying the article. I'm a bit jealous of you, getting to live in such a beautiful place! Hopefully life will bring me back to the Caucasus soon. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 01:12, 15 November 2007 (EST)