To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub notes → Article status notes
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Wikivoyage:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing to Suburban Gothenburg! --Danapit (talk) 09:52, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
- Hello, and thanks for all the content you're adding! One small request: When you add subtitles to "Get in" and "Get around," please use the following format:
- The format you've been using isn't standard and will be changed, but if you use the standard format in the first place, you save everyone a bit of work. Thanks! Ikan Kekek (talk) 18:37, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Please use the front-linked format shown on the external links policy page, not the footnote-style format, which was deprecated a couple of years ago. Please have a look at this edit for an example of changing the deprecated footnote style to the front-linked style. Thanks a lot. Ikan Kekek (talk) 20:43, 13 June 2014 (UTC)