User talk:Church of emacs
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub notes → Article status notes
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Project:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing!
- Thanks! This is exiting, and I especially find the "be fair" policy to be very interesting. I'm not sure whether I'll edit much, but its good to have WikiVoyage in the Wikimedia-Family and maybe we can learn a few things that are helpful for the rest of the projects as well :) --Church of emacs (talk) 14:06, 13 November 2012 (UTC)