Jump to navigation Jump to search
These are sections archived over the years.
Can you point to some particular instances when you were mistreated by someone or your edits were reverted without proper justification? Danapit (talk) 08:11, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know. Had anyone told me about this so called manual, I would've gotten chewed out less. Merci beaucoup! DAZ14LPA (talk) 20:00, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- Had you taken care to read our welcome message, definitely you would have gotten chewed out less. But anyways, since now you have decided to take break, no more discussion. Sayonara! --Saqib (talk) 20:25, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- FYI, I did read it; I stuck to it and they basically edited the rules, pulling the rug out from under me, making it seem like I didn't stick to rules. I feel like they constantly change the rules to make a lousy excuse to take out my edits, just because they are administrators. DAZ14LPA (talk) 23:23, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- Hi DAZ14LPA , I'm sorry you feel like that. Basically we want everyone to be successful here, although whenever someone new starts they invariably break rules as part of the learning process. I myself certainly did. Important thing to note is that although it feel frustrating it is definitely not something directed at you personally. Andrewssi2 (talk) 23:34, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- Glad to know I'm not the only one to have messed up. Most of the time I add little tidbits of info, and they just cut it. What should I do for info to stay in the article without getting cut? Any tips? DAZ14LPA (talk) 23:41, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- I know you aren't obstinate, I get that. Like I said, minor tidbits of info. Like, if they're talking about music from Seattle, I say Nirvana came from Seattle; then he cuts it adding a minor phrase I missed; "Nirvana 'famously' came from Seattle." Some people, right? Sorry to have deleted some comments, but it was clogging up this section. DAZ14LPA (talk) 03:10, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- Deleting comments on talk pages -- even your own -- isn't usually a good idea. It removes context and makes it hard for people to avoid repeating questions and answers. I would strongly suggest restoring the comments you removed.
- I saw your edit about Nirvana; that was the only one I could find that was potentially an issue. Ikan removed it because he felt the wording implied that Nirvana was still around. He probably could have simply adjusted the wording rather than removing it entirely, but our United States of America article is already very long; we need to be very careful about adding more asides and trivia like that because it makes the reader's eyes glaze over. =) Anyway, if you'd adjusted the wording and re-added it, it very well might have remained in place.
- At any rate, I can assure you it wasn't anything personal. Ikan monitors nearly every edit on the site (where he finds the time I don't know) to make sure they improve our guides rather than detract from them. If you see his name pop up after yours a lot, you're not alone, because he's not targeting you specifically. It's very common to see him make an edit after one of mine, to correct something I missed.
- I hope this helps. -- Powers (talk) 23:45, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- Grazie! But, restoring comments is one thing I don't like to do because it clogs my page back up. DAZ14LPA (talk) 11:36, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
- I'm merely informing you what the expected standards are around here. People expect talk pages to have an accurate record prior discussions; that's important for transparency and clarity. I assure you, your talk page is not clogged up at all; each discussion has its own header, so it's very easy to find one particular section. And if you like to maintain a short talk page, you can archive old discussions -- but you should archive entire sections, not just a few comments at a time. Powers (talk) 00:26, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- I need help archiving comments, because I don't know how to do it. Leave the instructions in the specifically labelled section, "Archiving." DAZ14LPA (talk) 09:40, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
In Central Michigan (The Thumb)
Right now, I am in the Thumb of Michigan; if you see any added information to the Central Michigan article (click here), let me know. I'm in Harbor Beach until Monday finding good restaurants to add to the article. Donny (talk) 15:57, 17 July 2015 (UTC)