User talk:Dieter von Winterfeld
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub tagging → Article status
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Wikivoyage:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing!
Thanks for adding links to articles that don't exist, but do these places pass the test at Wikivoyage:What is an article? If they do, do you plan on starting articles about them? If they don't, we should remove them from "Cities" sections.
All the best,
- Good day.
- Thanks for the message. I am quite confused that is adding a marker to the cities section implies that I am "adding links to articles that don't exist"? If so, so I should refer to the "What is an article?" guideline when adding markers to the cities section?
- Sorry for my bad English and also my ignorance as I am new to edit something in Wikivoyage.
- Sincerely, Dieter von Winterfeld (talk) 16:41, 29 May 2022 (UTC)
- There's actually a good reason for you to be confused. Most of what you added were markers in "Other destinations" sections, and the cities you added to Magadan Oblast don't have double square brackets ([[ and then ]]) around them, so they couldn't link to articles, anyway. That said, there are no articles for Seymchan, Omsukchan or Evensk on this site; if you think there should be, you can click the red links on each name and where you see "To start, please click on one of the following links to pre-fill this article with the standard sections:", click "City/town" to insert a Wikivoyage:Small city article template, then just start adding content. My point on what is an article is that not every place where some people live gets its own article on this site. But don't worry too much and just keep working! We can always decide where the content should be later. Have a look at this edit summary, though, and let me know if you have any questions. Ikan Kekek (talk) 16:57, 29 May 2022 (UTC)