Jump to navigation Jump to search
Utena is a town of 25,000 people (2020) in Aukštaitija.
Utena is 92 km north of Vilnius.
There are two highways in Utena:
- A6 Kaunas-Zarasai-Daugavpils
- A14 Vilnius-Utena
- 1 Utena Region Museum (Utenos krašto muziejus), Utenio a. 3, ☏ . The local ethnographic museum with interesting archeological and religious exhibits. Note however, that there is no information available in English.
- 2 Utena Church of the Ascension of Christ (Utenos Kristaus Žengimo į dangų bažnyčia). Built in 1884; next to it is the old cemetery.
- 3 Church of the Ascension of the Lord Utena (Utenos Viešpaties Pakilimo į dangų cerkvė). A small Orthodox church.
- 4 Utena Old Believers Church (Utenos Šv. Mykolo sentikių cerkvė). Built in 1991. The church building is built according to the traditions of old Russian architecture, the main façade is oriented to the west (Joneliškio St.) It stands out with a high gabled, semi- finished roof. The building is made of logs, the facades are covered with finishing boards. Includes prayer and living quarters.
- Utena Church of the Providence of God (consecrated in 2005)
- water supply tower (historical monument)
- old post office (19th century classicism, architect Vaclovas Ričelis)
- 5 Utena St. Chapel of the Virgin Mary, Queen of Martyrs (Utenos Šv. Mergelės Marijos, Kankinių Karalienės koplyčia). iIn memory of the partisans of eastern Aukštaitija (on the hill of suffering near Lake Dauniškis).