- Valleyview Visitor Information Centre (2 km south of Valleyview on Highway #43), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Jun-Aug: daily 10AM-6PM. Travel advice, road reports, weather, and local events. Sani dump station and potable water for RVs. Services in English and French. Come see the 65-km view, take your dog for a walk on leash and check out the original border crossing between Alberta and NWT in 1892. The border crossing also commemorates the original borders of Alberta and Saskatchewan before they were expanded to what they are today.
In the late 1800s, the first Europeans to visit the area arrived, seeking natives to exchange goods for furs. The trading was good and a Hudson’s Bay Company post was established on Sturgeon Lake. ‘Peace River Jim’ Cornwall established the Bredin and Cornwall Trading Post nearby.
In 1916, the first pioneers settled in the area nearby as its soil was rich for farming.
It is at the junction of Highway 43 and Highway 49, between the Little Smoky River and Sturgeon Lake.
Greyhound Canada terminated all services in Western Canada and Northern Ontario effective October 31, 2018.
- Greenview Regional Multiplex, a recreational centre opened in 2018, with aquatics, a fieldhouse, a play area, a commercial kitchen, and a fitness centre located on the second floor.
- The Polar Palace ice rink is where the Valleyview's hockey team (the Valleyview Jets) plays regular games in the Peace Region league. Also located in the ice rink is a curling rink which has regular bonspiels.
- Next door to the Polar Palace is the local pool, which is on the same grounds as the lovely Legion picnic area and water park.
The nearby Sturgeon Lake provides setting for outdoor activities. Two provincial parks are found on its shores:
- Young's Point Provincial Park, Township Road 710A & Range Road 243 (26 km west of Valleyview on Hwy 43 and 10 km northeast on an access road (turn right at Sturgeon Heights)), ☏ . Beach, boating, fishing, camping, three trails (2.5-7 km). Camp sites suited to RVs and tents, including unserviced, powered, and lakeside options. The campground is surrounded by mixed-wood forest and most sites are well-treed. Explore the trails for walking, mountain biking and cross-country skiing through the forest. Enjoy sailing, boating, water skiing and other water activities. An observation deck at the beaver pond is a great spot for bird watching.
- Williamson Provincial Park (20 km west of Valleyview, turn right on Road 242A), ☏ . Beach, boating, fishing, camping,
- Travellers Restaurant, 3802 Hwy St, ☏ . Daily 6AM-11PM. Popular with truck drivers.
- Tall Timber, 4906 50 Ave, ☏ . M-Th 8AM-5PM, F 8AM-10PM. Cafe with soups, quiche, panini and espresso.
- Western Valley Bar & Grill, 5404 Highway Street, ☏ . Daily 5:30AM-11PM. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Wing Wednesdays and daily specials, the Bar & Grill offers a diverse menu of Canadian and Korean food.
- 1 Paradise Inn & Suites Hotel, 3609 Highway Street, ☏ . Onsite 24-hour Tim Horton restaurant, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast with waffle bar, waterslide, hot tub, free high speed Wi-Fi, fitness centre, pet friendly, free parkings with hookup, free local phone, flatscreen TV, mini-fridge & microwave, full kitchen available, accessible rooms. From $118.
- Western Valley Inn, 5404 Highway St, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. 24-hour fitness facility, coin laundry, pet friendly. All rooms include a 52 inch flat-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee/tea brewing machine, free wireless internet and free hot breakfast From $140.
- Shamrock Motel, 4710 50 Street, ☏ . On-site Chinese restaurant, free Wi-Fi in all areas. A microwave and a refrigerator are included in each guest room. Valleyview Airport is 3.5 km away. From $65.
|Routes through Valleyview|
|Dawson Creek ← Grande Prairie ←||W S||→ Whitecourt → Edmonton via|
|Dawson Creek ← Peace River via ←||N S||→ END|